Finally Engine In

cajos1968

I just wanted to share this with you.

Finally after almost 2 year the engine is back in the Vette.

I installed it with the TKO attached.

P8290090.jpg

P8290089.jpg

P8290088.jpg

Me with the pony tail.

Last edited:
I see you did it THREE times too......:lol:.....

always good to see progress.....interesting looking engine hook there, unlike anything I ever seen....any story about it??

:D

Nope engine is just a regular 454, with a little yellow paint.

No issue with the installation, I have the Core support out and the Steeroids in. Had to keep an eye on the 2 tubes on top of the Steeroids, that was pretty close.

I had a jack under the tranny (you have to align the wheels). One big push and it was in. Relatively easy, 2 hours from coffee to washing hands. The hoist was hard to move that is why the 2 of us are pushing it needed a feet or so to Alinia with the engine mounts.

I'm slightly worried about the transmission mount bracket, it is not flush with the cross member it is leaning down.

Mis-read your email. I have borrowed the "cherry picker" from one of my neighbor petrolheads. That thing is solid, just a cable system, but very accurate. The cherry picker we have, is comparable with the chines harbor freight stuff you guys have, it just too short, and not strong enough.

Mis-read your email. I have borrowed the "cherry picker" from one of my neighbor petrolheads. That thing is solid, just a cable system, but very accurate. The cherry picker we have, is comparable with the chines harbor freight stuff you guys have, it just too short, and not strong enough.

I was going to comment on the hoist. That thing looks like a monster.

When is "start" day?

"Start day" hmm, need to have some parts ordered.

That thing is a monster, I think it used to be part of Hitlers Atlantic defense, back in the day ;-). It is riveted together no welds!

Question?: Is it normal to have rectangular exhaust ports and round header ports?