Firewall Bonding Adhesive

stinger12

I'm finally ready to bond my firewall to the birdcage. I usually use Marine-tex whenever I bond a panel in place, but this area calls for another product. Marine-tex dries too hard and is going to be too brittle in this area.

I need a product that is flexible, paintable (with no swelling affects on primer/paint once it is covered) and finally it needs to dry fairly hard. I don't care if I need an application gun to apply it - I have tons of those at work which I could borrow. Please only comment if you have actually used the product before.

I'm finally ready to bond my firewall to the birdcage. I usually use Marine-tex whenever I bond a panel in place, but this area calls for another product. Marine-tex dries too hard and is going to be too brittle in this area.

I need a product that is flexible, paintable (with no swelling affects on primer/paint once it is covered) and finally it needs to dry fairly hard. I don't care if I need an application gun to apply it - I have tons of those at work which I could borrow. Please only comment if you have actually used the product before.

vette panel adhesive is like a bondo but much stronger

Windshield adhesive, SikaFlex,......

Have used that a couple of times, works like a champ. Combined w/ the rivets it gives a nice sturdy bond that has some give to it, will not leak, is easy to apply (a bitch to get off again) can be painted and won't crack.