Frame swap

82SR71

A friend is looking to uprade his '64 frame.

Any suggestion as to what later model frame might work best?

Thanks

The C2/C3 frames are all basically the same. What upgrade would he achieve by using another year...? You can easily notch the 64 front crossmember for a bigblock, and you can easily install the rear angle stiffeners, so there's nothing to gain by going to a different year that you can't easily do to the existiung frame.

Thanks for the help. He is looking for another frame because he wants to save the original. He wants to make a touring car. Looking for modern suspension, dependable motor and 5 or 6 speed trans.

I found a company that may be what he is looking for Exline Custom Auto's Corvette frame.

Thanks again.

Well if that's what he's looking for then this may help you. I haven't used one, but I considered it until I figured I would just use my original frame for the build.

If he has the $ the SRIII option is the way to go. I used one and it was fantastic. We put the first LS7 in one about two years ago and they worked with us to re-bend and replace a tube that was in the way. Super product and service.