Fuel filter on an 81

boeing46

Where is it.
Sorry for such a bubba question.
I used to do 90% of all the work on all my different hot rods till I had spinal fusion on my back.
I can't bend over very long so this will help me allot of searching.
Also I only drive the Vette on good back days. My gas is in the tank for several months and it stays in the motor home for a year sometimes.
How often should i put fuel treatment in the Vette and the motor home.
I have the same problem with the motor home generator and the whole house generator that I only run every month or two.
I started completely draining the fuel from the home generator from the lines, carb and tank.
I am just in a bad situation because of my back and the wife had two strokes last year. The home generator has already clogged up even though i drained the carb and lines. It clogged under the tank in the on off fuel valve.
I would appreciate any help.

Fuel filter is in the carb inlet where it says "FILTER." Use a 5/8" flarenut wrench with a 1" backup wrench on the carb inlet fitting.

I can't think of any time or reason to use fuel treatment in the car. Just keep the tank nearly full to minimize air volume over the fuel. I've had the same fuel with no treatment in one of my collector cars for about 2 years now. No problem with starting or driving. Another one of my collector cars has had the same tank of gas for over 3 years, and it sits outside. Starts right up with no problem and no "fuel treatment."

Lars

DeJa Vu all over again.....Mom's '63 215 Cu inch aluminum V8 Olds F85 sat in the garage with 36000 OEM miles on it, until '86 or so...nearly 25 years....

that gas was a easy 20 years old, stunk like swamp water....I o'hauled the carb, changed the brake fluid and all the hydraulics....

fired it up and it ran like CRAP.....more misses and a Jr, High prom....

ran it outta there, and the stupid thing smoothed out and ran fine.... just a set of plug wires....

car had as much rust on it as if it sat outside.....Maryland temp changes and condensate just ate hell otta that thing from underside, FUGLY.....

but the paint looked fine....

:beer:

Thanks guys,
You made my day. As with the motor home I hate to take the motor home and just burn off 75 gal. every 6 months. It does start right up. I still run the generators every 6 months under load though because they have so many tiny places for the gas to gum up. Thats what happened to the home generator fuel valve.
I totally respect the opinion of both you guys.