Fuel Filter Tip

enkeivette

I've been running Fram G3727 for a fuel filter, it has 3/8 NPT? female threads on either side. It's cheap, $10.

So for those of you bending hard lines from the pump to the carb like me, it's a good cheap inline option. ;)

Ok, so I just learned the hard way, fuel fittings are not NPT, so... what are they??

Ok, so I just learned the hard way, fuel fittings are not NPT, so... what are they??
That depends, for instance my fuel regulator and fuel pump have NPT fitting (but I asked for).
From the pic, looks like yours takes flared line.
That was the intern's two cents, real experts advice to come.

That's late model filter. The older ones used a standard 3/8 inverted flare. Way more common stuff with less hassle. Some of the later model ones have the inlet/outlet tubes with an o-ring seal.

That said, I bent hard lines and used all AN flare fittings. The only 3/8 inverted flare is the one at the outlet for the pump.

I know I saw that... I was surprised to see that it lists metric threads, because my 5/16-18 thread 3/8 steel tubing threaded in there perfectly?? Must be the same thread, just different ways of measuring. Like how a 5x4 1/2 bolt pattern is the same as 5x114...

I bent the lines myself, using standard 3/8 tubing and nuts from Autozone and I used o-rings at the ends like I always do, and it sealed for years. Never an issue...

Filter is $10.