gas tank brace

I'd call J&D Corvette in Bellflower Ca. They're on the internet and advertise in the NCRS magazine and also in Corvette Fever.

Also, for you folks in other countries, J&D ships internationally. I was in their store not too long ago and they had a lot of big boxes addressed to England awaiting pickup by a freight forwarder. (They were shipping fiberglass panels!)

Thanks for asking Wayne. Its going good I have cravings but they are few and far between. One good thing is I can toss a extra 100 at the car every week.

Ray

Thanks for asking Wayne. Its going good I have cravings but they are few and far between. One good thing is I can toss a extra 100 at the car every week.

Ray
Sounds good mate, how long's that for you now? It doesn't take all that long to lose the cravings all together. It's been 11 months one week since I stopped and it doesn't worry me at all now to be in the company of people smoking...

It's been 3 months and I have no problem with people around me smoking its just when the stress level gets way up there I tend to throw something but hey I'm not running out and buying a pack.

I think after 35 years I'm ready for the patch too. :goodevil:

You know I was going back and forth on quitting when I saw what
Dave Hopper(Rolling thunder) was going threw battling back and forth with cancer and trying to finish his resto on his car and I thought to my self all that work and not even getting one ride in that car and I looked at myself and said that could very easily could be me. I'm not saying that all I have to live for is my car. I have 2 great girls, a wonderful girlfriend, a dream job, I could go on all day but that one thing just hit home. I think of Dave when I work on the car and I also think of him when I want a smoke.
The one think I do miss is the non smokers coming up to me and telling me "you know that's not good for you" and I would turn to them and say "you know whats even worst for your health... bugging me while I'm enjoying a smoke"

Ray

I used to smoke 2.5 packs/day of the short Camel unfiltereds.....fingers and hands stained badly.....one day I just quit when the price went to something like 35? cents/pack....about 40 years ago....I missed it for maybe a month or so, and never had the urge again except during my first divorce....the second divorce never bothered me THAT way.....

:thumbs:

I'd known for years that I SHOULD give up smoking but always told myself that I didn't want to give up. Sub-consciously, I think this was my way of avoiding possible failure at trying to give up.

My Dad died in July last year from emphysema, from smoking all his life. He'd given up about 8 years earlier, but it was too late and the damage had been done. He was only 69 when he died.

Again, I knew I should give up - maybe one day huh?

I went to the dentist when I was in Australia in December last year and she mentioned a weird looking spot on the roof of my mouth which could have been caused by biting into something hard or sharp. Or, as she said, "you're a smoker, so of course it could be mouth cancer"!!!! The senior dentist at the clinic also had a look and said that he didn't think it was cancer but for me to get it checked when I got back to Saudi. I had a few more appointments while I was home and by the last appointment, both dentists agreed that it looked to be getting smaller but that I should still get it checked in a few weeks.

That afternoon, I bought some Zyban and started the course. About 3 or 4 weeks into the course, I was having only 3 or 4 smokes a day and was generally having a puff or two and flickiing the smoke away. I was actually forgetting to take the Zyban tablets too. Then one morning after a big night out with the guys from work, I woke up and decided that I'd finished with smokes. That was on Wednesday the 10th of December 2008.

I put on a bit of weight since then but just a month ago decided it was time to address that (when my new NCRS T-shirts from LOTAHP wouldn't damn well fit me!!) and have lost 30lbs since. I'm now a few pounds lighter than before I stopped smoking.

It was never a money issue out here as a carton or 200 cigarettes is around $10US and you can smoke anywhere you damn well please :huh2:

You lost 30lbs in a month ?? How ?? No food, just water ?? or exercise ???
Well, prolly a bit closer to 29 lbs - 107kg down to 94kg. I started on a diet and started eating sensibly (3 meals a day etc) and started exercising 4 or 5 days a week, something like walking flat out for half an hour with 2kg weights on each wrist and ankle or 30 minutes in the pool doing laps. After either of them, I come home and do about 15 minutes doing crunches and dumbell curls etc.

I was a fat bastard...