Got to get a new drive shaft

bahamasair

The drive shaft I got with my tko kit is too long by about 1.5" and I'm not going to waste any more time with the guy I got the kit from so will just get one made by dennys driveshaft. Should I take this chance to go with a larger diameter or will I run into clearance problems? I don't have the body on so cant check any measurements. Ill call Dennys on Monday and ask if they have thicker wall shafts or a larger diameter aluminum shaft but just want to make sure I can fit something fatter under there.
Thanks for any advise.

What year? it seems like the later metal floored cars have a little more room than the glass ones. I would go for an alu shaft. You should be able to fit a 2.5 shaft in there.

I forget which year they went steel floors, because of cat ass trophic converter heat....I think it was '77, but no quote....

anyway, my '72 has minimal room to fit the universal with a 700 under there, and I suspect any larger joints, let alone shaft would be a problem....

but that was a shorter shaft than the 200 4r in there now, which is stock length....