Greetings from Kansas City, MO!!

spdrcr29

Hi guys! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as Brian...aka spdrcr29. Spent Sunday night with 2 great guys and watched them work on their corvettes; both of which are members here (timAT & kwplot34). They recommended I check out this site as I have spent most of my time lurking around the c3 Corvette Forum. Time for a change!

Anyway, my projects are a 72 Coupe in White, 350, 4-spd, with a/c. My other project is a 71 Convertible in Bridgehampton Blue, 350, 4-spd, no air. Both are currently undergoing body off restorations. The 72 resto was planned and um, well...the 71 had a "little" fire and pretty much forced me into a resto on this one as well.

Hoping to pick some of your brains in the future to help guide me along with my projects, but for now, I just wanted to say hi to all of you!

Take care,

Brian

Brian welcome. Special plans for the cars while doing the Body-off?
Lots of "While-I-at-Its" lurk beneath! ENJOY

Cheers - Jim

Glad you found the site Brian. we need to get one of your cars on the road soon. We had a pretty good time at Tim's house tuning my car and Tim's car. Even though it was pretty darn hot.

Welcome Brian. If you can put up with those two, then................:rofl:

Welcome to the motley crew....

I have met TimAT many times, when he used to flip into the Jax and even Miami regions....I have met maybe 4 guys on this forum..., 69427, Red, TimAT, and MyBad'79, and DAmoroso lives just down the street from me, in speed trap zone....

:amazed::tomato:

Last edited:
Welcome Brian! I'm sanding an 81 at the moment in 106F DRY heat. Hope you guys survive your torture at the moment...:1st:

Hey guys! Thanks for the warm welcome's! Progress on the 72 came to a halt. Kinda hard to do 2 body-off restorations at once! However, I have been working steady on the 71 Convertible. Chassis is done and back on its wheels, minus engine and trans (I haven't decided on how to build the motor yet). I do have a Tremec TKO-600, 5-spd ready to install when the time comes. Car was 4-spd originally, but modded the crossmember to make it look like it was an auto tranny car. My sole purpose for doing this was to make things easier for R&R of the Tremec if I ever needed to...
Took the week off this week and have spent every day in the garage sweating my butt off. Currently in the process of scraping and cleaning the underside of the body in prep for Lizard Skin Sound Control and Ceramic Insulation. Definitely a PITA and not a fun job, but slowly making progress. Wish me luck!

i'M ALL SORE AND MISERABLE ACROSS MY SHOULDERS BUT i'M NOT ENDURING NEAR WHAT YOU ARE WITH THE HUMIDITY. hAT'S OFF TO YA.

Goodarned Caps Lock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pprrtt:

Glad to see you made it over Brian. One of these days we need to do a KC Metro Vette run. Just all get together for Beer and BBQ.