Hello all

Nosdrawyaw

Hello all. New member with an old Vette (71). I have owned her for years. But, just began to tear her down.

Welcome to the motley crew.....

I have to notice your handle here, as a old Russian Drinking Salute when my family group/church group used to down a shot of Vodka, over 1/2 a century ago....I never really ever understood the meaning of the term.....but obviously it meant something like good health or happy times.....

IS my observation/translation correct in your case???

:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome.

As for the name, if there is any meaning other than wayward son backwards, I am unaware of it.
If it is a Russian toast, I need more vodka. Salute.

As for the name, if there is any meaning other than wayward son backwards, I am unaware of it.

Curious about how you got into old/modified Corvettes, and what you want to do with your car.....

and your comment on the 'Handle' is interesting as I have NO recollection as to it's meaning, other than the obvious relationship to the old folks....

so am curious as to it's true meaning....the phrase 'wayward son backwards' has a kind of off beat meaning to me, as the crowd was very positive outlook .....

The Vette belonged to my father. I drove it some in high school. But, after I graduated, I joined the military and the car sat in my fathers yard un-driven. After I retired from the military, I bought the Vette and got her running. I was just beating the car up and decided to tear her down to the frame for a good resto-mod. Nothing crazy but not factory. As I have a teenage daughter ($$$) , it should take me a while.

Curious about how you got into old/modified Corvettes, and what you want to do with your car.....

and your comment on the 'Handle' is interesting as I have NO recollection as to it's meaning, other than the obvious relationship to the old folks....

so am curious as to it's true meaning....the phrase 'wayward son backwards' has a kind of off beat meaning to me, as the crowd was very positive outlook .....

Gene...Nostrovia is a miss-pronunciation of Russian word Na Zdorovie (На здоровье) which is traditionally used as a common toast meaning To good health or simply Cheers.

Welcome waywardson nosdrawyaw:hi:

Just outside of Auburn Alabama. I will post more pics as the tear down continues. Hopefully I can get something done this weekend.