hello from the Crossfire forum

moose5.7

Hey guys! I jumped here from the CFIV. My car burned yesterday and took out the ecm and harness. The dash is toast too. I gutted it today and removed the crossfire. Gonna build a pure drag car now. I look forward to working with yall

Well that's a pretty gruesome introduction.:eek: Sorry for that.

It's the silver lining thing I guess, you're here now and already have a plan to move forward. It's gotta get better. What year was your Crossfire?

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

sorry to hear of your fire there, damn shame, but at least you can bring it back...

:shocking:

It's an 84 Vette. I had just got done puting on a set of long tube headers and a manual valve body. Took it off the blocks and down my street. It ran GREAT!! Better than my LS1 camaro did! Decided to take her down to the store and back. Got halfway there and got some smoke I thought its just some coating burning off the new headers. Went back home by then it was on fire. Started under passenger side dash.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-8.jpg
utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-12.jpg
utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-11.jpg

Hi Justin, welcome to VetteMOD mate :hi:

Sorry to hear about your fire, that seriously sux but you'll find lots of good info in here for your rebuild. Looking forward to lots of pics as you go too :thumbs:

Is that the culprit in the middle pic? Headers started the carpet or pad burning thru the tunnel sheetmetal?

Truly a shame...

Wow, that's terrible but you were lucky at the same time the whole car didn't go up in flames.

I think I know your handle from somewhere but I just can't place it. :bonkers:
Sucks about your car dude. You'll get it fixed, hows jr. doing?

He's doing alot better, off the oxygen and eating now. He dont like the hospital no more than I do, he keeps pulling out the IV's!! Got a few more days on the antibiotics then he should come home.

I finished gutting the vette today. Found the keys to the camaro I sold under the carpet--go figure? I'll have the vette running again in a month or so. Good enough at least to get it to the shop to do the cage and put in the 9 inch. I'll bust the rest of the window out and drive it wearing my full faced helmet and the riding jacket... The cage will be easer to weld up with the glass out anyhow.

I'm sorry to hear about the fire, that's a serious bring-down! It sounds like you're planning to make lemonade; if it isn't too much trouble, post pics of the cage and 9 inch install.

I'm sorry to hear about the fire, that's a serious bring-down! It sounds like you're planning to make lemonade; if it isn't too much trouble, post pics of the cage and 9 inch install.

Yes sir. Lots of pix. I'm not camera shy.

Thanx for the warm welcome guys!

Welcome to VetteMod:D

That fire sucks. Them damn headers looks like, make'er go fast in the quarter. I just saw a 71/72 convertable at the drag strip here in Tucson that was running some really poor high 14's. I just hope he's just getting started with baseline #'s before he starts.

Good luck with your rebuild, and post up them pics, we like'em

That sucks about the fire - but you've got a plan.
Quite lucky I'd say too, when my vette had a dash fire - my brother in law was driving it - he put it mostly out before the fire crew got there. They said most of the time all was left was a pile of ash and melted rims!
Now you'll get to melt some rims at the strip!
Welcome aboard!
Post lots a pics as you progress -- this is a real friendly forum.
Cheers - Jim