Hood cross cable fix

The cost of making the tabs out of aluminum would be way too expensive. The plastic end is fine as long as it is made out of the right type of plastic. I have not had any complaints about our cable and we have had them out for a couple of years now. I wish all the imports would stop, I would love nothing more then for everything to made in North America. Hopefully this economy will open more eyes and bring manufacturing back to the U.S. and Canada. Even Mexico is hurting now that almost all the US manufactures bailed out and went to China.

You GOTTA be kidding....fucking China, there was some econ stats on TV? the other day, and our econ was like 20X theirs, yet everything is made there......WTF?? how can our econ be SO much larger when they do all the work??

and yet when some news story hits about China, GAWN are the old Mao jackets and crap, they look/dress as if here in America....so they can't be toooo bad off now a daze, Lord knows they WORK hard enough....so surely it's not ALL bad there....they buying Buicks well enough I understand....I assume made there, not here....

Mexicans make little to nothing, so do Chinese, and yet they can load shit on a boat, offload in Long Beach, and then ship the containers back.....SO much cheaper than a trip up the road across the Rio Grand??

lotta stuff makes NO sense, somehow...

:hissyfit::shocking::crap:

Chinese, and yet they can load shit on a boat, offload in Long Beach, and then ship the containers back.....lotta stuff makes NO sense, somehow...

Look at the price of tools at Harbor Freight. If you or I were in China, the price of shipping one of their tools would probably be more than the sales price of the tool at a Harbor Freight store here in the US.

I bought an engine hoist for $169. The comparable Snap-On hoist cost $1070. It's large and heavy and the amazing thing is that if I were in China I'm sure it'd cost more than $169 to ship it to the US. The welds appear to be of good quality. Perhaps you can hire a welder in China for $4 a day.

Shipping costs are probably low because COSCO (Chinese Overseas Shipping Co.) is owned at least in part by the Chinese Army. Here in Long Beach you can see large stacks of COSCO containers waiting for a ride back to China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese, and yet they can load shit on a boat, offload in Long Beach, and then ship the containers back.....lotta stuff makes NO sense, somehow...

Look at the price of tools at Harbor Freight. If you or I were in China, the price of shipping one of their tools would probably be more than the sales price of the tool at a Harbor Freight store here in the US.

I bought an engine hoist for $169. The comparable Snap-On hoist cost $1070. It's large and heavy and the amazing thing is that if I were in China I'm sure it'd cost more than $169 to ship it to the US. The welds appear to be of good quality. Perhaps you can hire a welder in China for $4 a day.

Shipping costs are probably low because COSCO (Chinese Overseas Shipping Co.) is owned at least in part by the Chinese Army. Here in Long Beach you can see large stacks of COSCO containers waiting for a ride back to China.

Yes, and I understand those containers can be bought super cheep here in Port of Jacksonville Fl. too, and certainly more even yet in Miami....trick is they are good for cheep housing.....many of them used that way on my NMex/Az trip maybe 4 years ago or so....scattered all over the desert regions....

GOD knows they are large enough, and weather proof....I can't imagine many chicks all in love with the concept, but for a guy....garage, workshop...or even tie 3-4 of them together, make one huge house in a second flat....

:beer:

I like this cable fix, Great idea!! The only weak point might be the cable slipping through the rubber liner of the clamp. A little weatherstrip adhesive, or other, before clamping down might make it bulletproof.:thumbs:

I like this cable fix, Great idea!! The only weak point might be the cable slipping through the rubber liner of the clamp. A little weatherstrip adhesive, or other, before clamping down might make it bulletproof.:thumbs:

That's a great idea Red, if it budges, I'll do just that. The clamps seem to hold really tightly, but maybe a couple witness marks would be a good idea just to make sure you could tell if they slip a bit before it becomes a problem!!

That's a great idea Red, if it budges, I'll do just that. The clamps seem to hold really tightly, but maybe a couple witness marks would be a good idea just to make sure you could tell if they slip a bit before it becomes a problem!!

:surrender: You ASSume something....that you REMEMBER to check....

:eek::twitch::devil: