How is the price of fuel affecting your hobby??

How is the soaring fuel prices affecting your hobby

• I don't care, I'm gonna drive it.

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • I have cut back some.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I have cut back considerably.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • The Vette is on hold.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I may have to store the car awhile.

• I may have to sell the car.

• I'm getting out while I can.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Which one do I choose its the only vehicle that I have that gets the best mileage and if I sell something it'll be one of the trucks and I'll be lucky if I could trade one for a scooter. So where is the one that says.

Nope my Vette gets the best milage out of the fleet.:lol:

Michael.

Kevin. If you need to opt out because it will cost $1,000 in fuel, no one would hold it against you. :wink:

Thanks Jeff,but right now i have it covered,as long as fuel does not jump again drasticaly i will be all right,have been saving my pennies for this since the first Bird Run was brought up. But mind you guys,when i get there if any of you have diesel vehicles you may want to put a locking gas cap on it :3rd:

Get this: We got a question today in our team meeting from a lady about if the company was going to adjust the monthly fuel allowance (not milage based) for business driving. Note that she reports to the office and does no "business driving". The fun part was when we were told no, she said that she actually gets her gas for free from her hubbies company. :cussing: :bs:

Sorry for the off topic venting -- but I've been driving my ass off for business. So I'm losing my ass driving for the company and having the high gas price shoved up my ass by the company at the same time. :clobbered:

Back to the question...for me the answer is some what. This whole economic mess stemming from petroleum affects the budget. I'm weird though - I'm spending what I've got saved on my paint job now. If I didn't do it now who knows if it would get done...I can't let go of the dream when I'm this close to finishing it. I'm always going to find money to put in the tank of the Vette:nuts:

Hey Wayne ,i'm going to send you some 55gal drums and have you fill them up with some gas and diesel and send them back to me here,the shipping has to be cheaper than the pump price here :D

BTW: any of your wifes sisters available yet???????

Hey Wayne ,i'm going to send you some 55gal drums and have you fill them up with some gas and diesel and send them back to me here,the shipping has to be cheaper than the pump price here :D

No probs Kev. I was thinking about taking some with me next time I fly home!

Nope, no sisters available yet...

No probs Kev. I was thinking about taking some with me next time I fly home!

Nope, no sisters available yet...

Dangit,can't you do anything about that????

I wish I filled up when the car was running, $3.60 sounds like a deal now.

I'll ask them when I go to Scotland in August. Anything I can sweeten the deal with - like you own most of Texas or when you kneel down people call you tripod etc etc...

NO nothing like that to offer,but everything i own is paid for,the 2 trucks,vette,house,and the farm.Lets see,i still have all my hair and teeth :nuts:
I guess nothing special,just pretty much normal :suspicious:

I'll ask them when I go to Scotland in August. Anything I can sweeten the deal with - like you own most of Texas or when you kneel down people call you tripod etc etc...

NO nothing like that to offer,but everything i own is paid for,the 2 trucks,vette,house,and the farm.Lets see,i still have all my hair and teeth :nuts:

SO all you would need is to hurt your back again, on some chippy....

let her get on top, much easier....

:bump::bump::bounce::bounce::bounce::fishing:

SO all you would need is to hurt your back again, on some chippy....

let her get on top, much easier....

:bump::bump::bounce::bounce::bounce::fishing:

I would just like the chance to hurt my back on some little chippy....
:gurney: