How to install a computer controlled HEI?

Bee Jay

Big Bird gave me a computer controlled HEI for Christmas. Thanks again Big Bird. I will do some wiring today, my day off, and I will be ready to install tonight or later this week. Then my Holley Pro-jection ECU will control my spark advance. I just don't know how to install a computer controlled HEI. Do I just get the engine to TDC firing #1, drop the dizzy with the rotor pointed to the #1 spark plug post and let the computer figure it out? Or do I need to use my timing light at idle and set some initial advance? I usaully drop my HEI in, point my vacuum canister at the valve cover rear bolt, rev the engine to 2500 rpm, and using my timing light, set the total advance to 38 degrees. 38 degrees at 2500 rpm, with the 10 degrees from the vacuum canister added in has worked for years. But the computer controlled HEI has no vacuum canister and now weights and springs. I assume 48 total degrees at 2500 rpm no load is what I want the ECU to give me also. Any avice would be appreciated.
Bee Jay

ON a STOCK system as any I have seen, the brown/black trace wire is disconnected in the car harness, and you set the timing in usual fashion to 8* and then kill engine, plug it ups and everyone is supposed to be happy, works well for me, anyway, for some 15+ years on this car, same with my '87.....

:D