Is this crazy??

71vettewi

As you all know if you change one item you end up changing other things to accomodate the change. Well, I am putting C4 seats in my 71 and so it limits the access to the storage compartment. Then I thought- you know the space behind the storage department is a lot of wasted space. I mean the C5 guys are carrying air pumps and tire plugs instead of spares. Sooooo.
Here is my idea from behind the rear seats back.
Power rear window. I was thinking it would be very cool if the vertical rear window was power you could open it as you wished and when parked it would do a great job of keeping the interior cool. Of course you have to create a way for water to drain off when you wash or if you get caught in a rainshower. So you say that blocks off the rest of the rear storage but allows you to still get at the storage behind the seats-correct.
So use a fuel cell and move the fuel tank into the rear compartment behind the window mechanism. Move the fuel fill forward to accomodate it. Then you have room to make the rear into a trunk. So install a floor and cut out a trunk lid and put in a floor for storage. Maybe even use the spare tire carrier as part of the template to make it look stock.
What do you think?
You would pick up about double the storage for going out of town with the shark but no one would notice. You would be able to throw stuff behind the seats. You would still have your storage compartments for the battery and etc. The fuel tank is still high in the chassis but it is a bit forward. This would throw off the weight dist a bit but...
I like the idea of an adjustable rear window and getting a trunk.
Is this crazy??
-Charlie