It is too quite here:

Corvettes White

It is too quite here:

Getting my '89 ready for the bird run on 9-11. Well, blew the AC compressor. (after the head gasket went a few weeks back.)

So how does one tell one's wife that you have spent 3 grand in the last 3 weeks on a 20 year old car that she hates? And has only been in once in the last 8 years?

On the other hand, My bro got me a set of brand new Goodyears for $100 installed. And I had changed out the leaking steering rack for a used on I had in my collection. It is out of an '89 ZR-1. Between the tries and the rack, the car drives sweet for having 100,000 miles.

All I have on my to do now (as opposed the to do before I am too old) list is to install some weather stripping to go with the new folding top.

So mountain run here we come!

George

George, U never too olde....if I at age 67 can work a few hours in the sun at 95% humidity and 95+ temps...U can too....

:nuts::rolleyes::clobbered:

How do you tell the wife??????

I have heard my wife say that she saved money because she bought a ring on sale.:smash:

Try the same approach....you saved money by doing the work yourself:lol:

Tell her if it's the vette or her, the choice should already be obvious.:push:

I think she knows this.

Driving down the 405 a few days back was a C6 with a personalized tag, "My Thrpy"

Got the car back for the AC Shop, D & S in Costa Mesa last night. We have cold air again. Freon is not cheap anymore. However, if you expect those NCRS judging points . Now need some new weather-strip. Spoke to a guy I know who owes me some money, Going to just have him get the parts for me.

Almost ready for a bird run.

Why do women hate C4s? My wife hates my C4, won't say anything good about our C3 but loves tour C5. I was looking at a C6 yesterday, oh well... she migt like it too, if I'm lucky, who cares...:beer::lol:

Kathy thinks all three are waste of effort.

We have the same mix, C3, C4, & C5.

No golf, no watching sports, not out at the bars every night, nor the titty nightclubs. I save my spare change for the cars, That is what I enjoy. And the people you meet along the way. We have a nice Caddy, wrather leave it at home.

Last edited:
I guess I'm lucky. Our 81 is Teri's DD. She would kill for a C-1 or C-2. I have permission to get a C-5 or 6 when I can afford it or retire. 6 years or less and counting.:hissyfit: