It's Running Again

V-Rod

Well I finally have a running 78 fastback again. It has sit under my garage for almost 3 yrs. under a cover. Every 6 months or more I would charge the battery and try to start it. With no luck usually sunning the battery down. I have a new 3yr. old so getting the vette started was not a priority it has a very hot 350 with a radical cam and a Holly double pumper no choke carb. so it had always been had to start. I said something to my dad and he told me to pour some gas down the carb since maybe the fuel had drained out and the manual was not picking it up so I tried that without any luck so a Light went off and I thought may be fire. someone told me how to check the coil for power & to see if it's getting a signal from the control box and it looked like a no go on both. So before I can ask my dad to come help me trouble shoot the problem he shows up while I am at work with the car hauler and when I get their they have the back tires up the ramp. Well the mechanic is a good guy and we have a restaurant so I can trade out some of the bill for food but then the winch go out. So I had to go out an buy a come a long that had about a 7 foot cable. It took a hr to get that baby the rest of the way on the trailer. But it's running again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ignition control box was bad so they took that out and jut put in a straight distributor. of course my dad didn't ask me what I want to do but when I get it back if I want to I can put a fire control box back in it but since that is the 2nd I have had go bad I may just leave it like it is. They are gonna fix the back breaks and some other minor issues that were going on so I guess it is a good thing after all my dad hauled it up to the shop be cause I would have never gotten those things done. I am going to post a link to the first time I started the engine after I got it installed that's my wife holing she is more excited than anyone . My father always told everyone I didn't have any mechanical ability but I surprised him when I changed out this motor & tranny. I also have a killer dana 60 IRS for sale

http://s284.photobucket.com/user/V-R...03538.mp4.html

lets see pictures of the car. i have a double pumper on mine and it starts better than any carb I've ever had, i hardly hear the starter turn and she fires off with no choke and doesn't stop till i turn the key again. good luck with your dana it is a great rear. looks like it came from a mopar due to the mount for the pinion snubber on the nose:beer: