Lazy-assed Ophra watching good for nothings....

I admit us older folks will have a more difficult time of it, but a friend who is about 65 just got a job at Best Buy as a greeter/ returns check-in person. Now he could have held out for a higher-paying job that matched his skills, but he found this job right away, and isn't sitting on a couch eating bon-bons, collecting unemployment. I say if you are getting a govt. hand-out, you should be working on a road crew, trash pick-up or community service job. No work= no pay.:censored::censored:

The freaking Unions would have a knipshit fit and put an end to it real fast. You can't mess with those Union jobs!

I don't give a damn about the unions. Look what the teacher and auto unions have done to this country.

Trick is, all them 'public employee unions' now outnumber the independent tax paying public.....

I have always thought it was not so much the unions, but the EPA and other silly .gov 'efforts' that have gotten in the way of JOBS, and PRODUCTIVITY which is job ONE afterall....

:hissyfit:

I admit us older folks will have a more difficult time of it, but a friend who is about 65 just got a job at Best Buy as a greeter/ returns check-in person. Now he could have held out for a higher-paying job that matched his skills, but he found this job right away, and isn't sitting on a couch eating bon-bons, collecting unemployment. I say if you are getting a govt. hand-out, you should be working on a road crew, trash pick-up or community service job. No work= no pay.:censored::censored:

The freaking Unions would have a knipshit fit and put an end to it real fast. You can't mess with those Union jobs!

I don't give a damn about the unions. Look what the teacher and auto unions have done to this country.

This I do not agree. It's quite a reach at best.

Now Obama and Congress seem to have agreed to an additional 13 months of unemployment pay. That totals to 3 YEARS of continuous unemployment checks. As an employer, if I see you have been unemployed for three years, you have no chance in hell working for my business. Geez.

It's real simple. He just bought about 2-3 million votes with borrowed money! Thats real old fashinoned politics, nothing new.

Wait till 2 years from now when he reminds these people how he fought for them back in 2010. By then they will probably be on some other form of government assistance anyway.

I'm sure I am not the only one who has seen help wanted signs in the windows of businesses in the last two years. People have to wake up. The US is a fundamentally different economy than it was 10 years ago. The kinds of jobs that were here 10 years ago are gone (to China and India).

Anything with data or production, for sure....so what do we DO to actually maintain the American life style?? listen to AlBore about how it's all our fault, while the rest of the world is following OUR path??

then I listen to Glen Beck, and he managed to put together enough of a research team that actually backs up my suspicions and feelings for some 1/2 a century now.....not that I"m all that a God fearing religious type....and all the emotional crap is studio shit....but the sheer GUTS the man has for saying the TRUTH.....and exposing the PROGRESSIVE movement for what it is....using Marx and whoever seems convenient to run the planet the way they want....

and I"m talking MAJOR money here.....

Council for Foreign Relations...Rocky, Mellon, DuPont, Rothschild, must be a list of mansions and families about 50 pages now...Gates, Balmer, Buffett...

no, not Jimmy the other guy...Warren....

:censored:

Now Obama and Congress seem to have agreed to an additional 13 months of unemployment pay. That totals to 3 YEARS of continuous unemployment checks. As an employer, if I see you have been unemployed for three years, you have no chance in hell working for my business. Geez.

It's real simple. He just bought about 2-3 million votes with borrowed money! Thats real old fashinoned politics, nothing new.

Wait till 2 years from now when he reminds these people how he fought for them back in 2010. By then they will probably be on some other form of government assistance anyway.

I'm sure I am not the only one who has seen help wanted signs in the windows of businesses in the last two years. People have to wake up. The US is a fundamentally different economy than it was 10 years ago. The kinds of jobs that were here 10 years ago are gone (to China and India).

Anything with data or production, for sure....so what do we DO to actually maintain the American life style?? listen to AlBore about how it's all our fault, while the rest of the world is following OUR path??

then I listen to Glen Beck, and he managed to put together enough of a research team that actually backs up my suspicions and feelings for some 1/2 a century now.....not that I"m all that a God fearing religious type....and all the emotional crap is studio shit....but the sheer GUTS the man has for saying the TRUTH.....and exposing the PROGRESSIVE movement for what it is....using Marx and whoever seems convenient to run the planet the way they want....

and I"m talking MAJOR money here.....

Council for Foreign Relations...Rocky, Mellon, DuPont, Rothschild, must be a list of mansions and families about 50 pages now...Gates, Balmer, Buffett...

no, not Jimmy the other guy...Warren....

:censored:

Yes, high school economics taught me that 7 families run this country. DuPont, Rockefeller,etc. I suppose it might be 12 families now. THEY make the shots.

Don't agree with "No work, no pay?"...In my parents generation (before all this social welfare/safety net/have 5 babies and we'll send you 3k per month crap) if you didn't work, you didn't eat. Maybe a soup line or crazy rationing..but basically nothing. Now I would venture to say that our parents turned out just fine, and they certainly had a great work ethic. Not true today. I see it on many job applications that cross my desk. Lots of un-accounted for time missing. Starting with LBJ, we have spent billions and billions on social engineering/welfare. The poverty rate has not gotten any better since 1964. Friggen 46 years. Giving handouts never works. As far as the NEA..(teachers unions) students are less educated today than they were 50 years ago. Progress? And auto unions...they forced many jobs over-seas. The foreign co's that build here are all non-union. Go figure. :stirpot:

Unemployment checks go right back into the community. People are not saving them, they spend them immediately for food or rent.
It's better then long term welfare.

The money in the unemployment checks comes from two sources: (1) it's confiscated from working people in the form of taxes, or (2) it's money loaded to us by China, Japan, etc.

If working people didn't have the money taken from them, they would also spend place it back into the community by spending or building up their small businesses which would inturn help the economy.

Mom born in '03, Dad '05, married in the 20's....then the depression, Dad lost his job at Glen Martin Aircraft....used to work with design team on wings...prototype development as in slide rule and drafting gear, still have a aluminum french curve he made in his old tool box....Cleveland Ohio....

so in the pit of the depression Dad took a job in the INSURANCE business....of all things...who in fuck had money for life insurance premiums??

so anyway he told of trading a loaf of bread for the premiums, bartering on the streets.....

one of his insured workers was killed on a industrial accident...so Dad had to hand the wife/kids a life insurance check for some 2-3 grand/whatever.....

a fair slug of money in them daze....

I remember the hoods and streets from my childhood....and the Russian church on the hill...West side....

the issue always WAS, for them....go to work, damnit.....

not so much today....

so it seems....for a while....

:hissyfit::censored:

The school my son goes to there is a guy I talk to who is also (or was) a truck driver for a fuel company. He tells me he is on unemployment and loves it and does side work for cash. Makes me pretty dam sick that I work my ass off and he is a unemployed insurance bum who spends tons of time with his kid and it's money taken out of my check that supports his worthless hide.

The school my son goes to there is a guy I talk to who is also (or was) a truck driver for a fuel company. He tells me he is on unemployment and loves it and does side work for cash. Makes me pretty dam sick that I work my ass off and he is a unemployed insurance bum who spends tons of time with his kid and it's money taken out of my check that supports his worthless hide.

Where do you guys get this crap?
SDI, (disability), is paid by YOU via payroll deduction on YOUR check that goes into an account for YOU.
Unemployment is paid by your employer, for YOU, and goes into a general fund for YOU when needed. It's YOUR money. Use it or lose it. NO ONE is paying another persons unemployment.
The unused funds after 2 years go into the states general fund.
SO, either YOU collect it, or the State of Kalifornia gets it.
However, the Fed program IS different, and is a federally paid extension of the state program.

Don't agree with "No work, no pay?"...In my parents generation (before all this social welfare/safety net/have 5 babies and we'll send you 3k per month crap) if you didn't work, you didn't eat. Maybe a soup line or crazy rationing..but basically nothing. Now I would venture to say that our parents turned out just fine, and they certainly had a great work ethic. Not true today. I see it on many job applications that cross my desk. Lots of un-accounted for time missing. Starting with LBJ, we have spent billions and billions on social engineering/welfare. The poverty rate has not gotten any better since 1964. Friggen 46 years. Giving handouts never works. As far as the NEA..(teachers unions) students are less educated today than they were 50 years ago. Progress? And auto unions...they forced many jobs over-seas. The foreign co's that build here are all non-union. Go figure. :stirpot:

LBJ. He was another Texan, huh?

You guys wanna talk crooks. The Crystal Cathedral/bankrupt/crooks disclosed the pay the FAMILY members each millions. MOST , in the form of "rental subsidies", that are TAX FREE. The father, the son, and the five children each get 6 figures or more, "Because", they are ordained ministers.(Ordained by their own church).
The resisdent allowence is tax free, signed into law in 2002, by, .... ready?...George Bush.
He is from Texas too,huh?

As far as the NEA..(teachers unions) students are less educated today than they were 50 years ago. Progress? And auto unions...they forced many jobs over-seas. The foreign co's that build here are all non-union. Go figure. :stirpot:

1) Lets start with education. There is an administrator for every 2 teachers. These NON-UNION folk make collectively MORE than the teachers do.

2) Unions. I have been IBEW for 32 years. We used to do all the houses around here. The contractors told everyone that houses were so expensive because of the high cost of labor. SO, they all went non union. AND, the quality went down.
NOW, after that, the price of houses went UP. Where did that money go? In their pockets. Houses are now higher than ever, and they blame something else. Unions are a popular "scape goat."
I bet you a weeks pay that if all auto makers went non union tomarrow, the price of automobiles would go .....UP.
Union labor accounts for 3% of the price of a car. Check the stats.
Companies move overseas for greed and nothing more. The unions make a nice scapegoat. Even Henry Ford paid his employees enough to buy a Model T.
If we all make min wage, who is going to buy those cars?

Companies go over seas because of the EPA way and away cause #ONE.....

after that, all the assorted lawyers, and crooks......

I"m SO glad my house has Chlordane under it....

they not going to be building any houses in Florida for a long time now....

THAT's for sure....

"It's real simple. He just bought about 2-3 million votes with borrowed money! Thats real old fashinoned politics, nothing new".

Not totally true!
Not everyone who is collecting unemployment is a lazy useless bastard! Many of them are totally pissed off that the gov't has allowed this situation to happen, but are trapped.
So, if you're a good guy, worked hard for 20-30 yrs. and the economy goes to hell, why should you feel bad about collecting a little unemployment?
Go get a job as a Walmart greeter or get some other menial job? I call BS on this one. There are 20-30 people for every job opening here in SoCal. Especially for menial jobs, the greedy bastards would rather hire a illegal that they can abuse rather than a American who would demand basic conditions.

"It's real simple. He just bought about 2-3 million votes with borrowed money! Thats real old fashinoned politics, nothing new".

Not totally true!
Not everyone who is collecting unemployment is a lazy useless bastard! Many of them are totally pissed off that the gov't has allowed this situation to happen, but are trapped.
So, if you're a good guy, worked hard for 20-30 yrs. and the economy goes to hell, why should you feel bad about collecting a little unemployment?
Go get a job as a Walmart greeter or get some other menial job? I call BS on this one. There are 20-30 people for every job opening here in SoCal. Especially for menial jobs, the greedy bastards would rather hire a illegal that they can abuse rather than a American who would demand basic conditions.

You don't think giving 2-3 million people 13 months of additional unemployment is going to pay off when Obama wants them to vote for him in 2 years? We'll have to wait and see but I would put money on it!

Not totally true!

You call 3 years a "little" unemployment? I have no respect for a laid off worker in the "rust belt" who refuses to relocate to a state, like Texas, which has a very low unemployment rate. There are thousands of unfilled jobs just in the Austin metro area. California is bankrupt, partly because of it's crazy liberal spending practices, forcing many companies to pack up and leave to business friendly states. Again back to some people not wanting to follow the jobs. BTW, as an employer, I would never hire an illegal.

As far as the NEA..(teachers unions) students are less educated today than they were 50 years ago. Progress? And auto unions...they forced many jobs over-seas. The foreign co's that build here are all non-union. Go figure. :stirpot:

1) Lets start with education. There is an administrator for every 2 teachers. These NON-UNION folk make collectively MORE than the teachers do.

2) Unions. I have been IBEW for 32 years. We used to do all the houses around here. The contractors told everyone that houses were so expensive because of the high cost of labor. SO, they all went non union. AND, the quality went down.
NOW, after that, the price of houses went UP. Where did that money go? In their pockets. Houses are now higher than ever, and they blame something else. Unions are a popular "scape goat."
I bet you a weeks pay that if all auto makers went non union tomarrow, the price of automobiles would go .....UP.
Union labor accounts for 3% of the price of a car. Check the stats.
Companies move overseas for greed and nothing more. The unions make a nice scapegoat. Even Henry Ford paid his employees enough to buy a Model T.
If we all make min wage, who is going to buy those cars?

Bad teachers can't be fired for incompetence due to a strong union, the teachers in N.J. are balking at Gov. Cristie asking them to pay a measly 2% of their med. ins. premium. (they currently pay $0.) Yes, I agree about the crazy amount of administrators and their salaries.
The UAW got bailed out by Obama, not giving up a penny of benefits or pension during the G.M. bail-out. (Come to think of it, the UAW was a big contributor to the Obama campain,,hmmmm, payback?) Meanwhile many of the mom and pop suppliers to G.M. were bankrupted when the receivables were confiscated by the Bankruptcy courts. I can't get any C-5 hoods because the vendor went belly up.
Here is a good read about the auto unions:
http://mises.org/daily/2124

The UAW got bailed out by Obama, not giving up a penny of benefits or pension during the G.M. bail-out.

That article is 5 years old. Here is a newer one that discredits your claim:
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2009/05/29/UAW-approves-GM-concessions/UPI-15171243611752/

Those were minuscule give-backs, some only temporary. No reduction in salary or pension. They give up 1 Holiday. They received 17.5 percent in G.M. stock, while the bond holders got 10 percent and the stockholders got screwed.