Leaking BRAKE Fluid

4 SPEED

I have been finding spots of brake fluid on my garage floor the last couple of days.
I traced the leak back to a little rubber button on the proportioning valve.
This leak probably means the valve is shot but I was wondering what the little rubber button was for?

I have been finding spots of brake fluid on my garage floor the last couple of days.
I traced the leak back to a little rubber button on the proportioning valve.
This leak probably means the valve is shot but I was wondering what the little rubber button was for?

MINE never dripped, but the exterior was wet, and as such would manage to suck air into the lines.....about as insidious a bitch as ever was to find/diagnose, only found with a BRIGHT flash light on it....

I removed the damn switch and forgot about it forever, it's been years ago now....the rear brakes go direct to the M/cyl, as do the fronts....

:cry::waxer::bomb:

Your valve shouldn't have a little rubber button. That's for the rear hold off valve and needs to be depressed to bleed the system, however that's for a drum application. Not 4 wheel disc.

Here is a pic of the proportioning valve on the lower right. I took out the rubber and installed the hex pipe plug. The part with the oring is pressed in to the valve, just heat up the large part and it pops out easily, then discard the guts.
You'll loose any proportioning put earlier cars had none anyway.

DSC02126.jpg