Lowering The Front of a C3

just curious but in which category would you put a car that entered 36 vintage races and has six overall wins in the big bore group? not "class wins" but overall wins.

There wasn't anyone around the car so I couldn't find out much info on it. Did a search and came up with this:

http://www.scottsdalevintagecars.com/pdf/pickett-vintage-motorsport.pdf

Seems like this car has been a racer since day one and a pretty "successful" one also.

Howard, whats your take on the lowered inside mount?

I found an old C2 racer at an auction over the weekend and noticed right away that the inside pivot point of the lower control arms had been LOWERED about an inch with spacers. So now I'm not sure of the theory here now.

See the spacers between the cross shafts and the crossmember:

44d443318c003d.jpg

44d443317a796b.jpg

After giving this some more thought, I believe that moving the inner LCA pivot up or down with no other changes will significantly alter the bumpsteer characteristics of the vehicle. With that said, it appears to me, in the first photo of the C2 racer, that the drag link has been lowered or reshaped to keep the tie rods on the same plane as the lower control arm. There may be more modifications to this car than meet the eye! I don't have a C2/C3 here right now to compare the photo to. What do you think?

It is hard to see..... but I think that they shimmed the front more than the rear of the pivot.
May the reason was to look for more antidive, placing the end of the swing arm a little higher.
Even the steering rod seems lower than the normal..... and the tie rods are pointing very high.