Misc Vintage Racing Clips

YouTube keeps pulling stuff out of the archives apparently. :)

They have been suggesting some interesting stuff.

The event name is a bit misleading, no cars were damaged. LOL

My guess is you need documentation to get in this club.

I like his setup for the brake cylinders. Lots of attention to detail in that car.

I searched and haven't posted this before, this is one of the better ones.

This young guy is working to build a YouTube channel and Corvette business. Cleaning up an old 427/435 here.

I like that guys channel. No filler, just actual work. Here is a video of him taking it apart:

Reactions: rtj
The guy with the 81 car was saying he bought the car in 1976 because nobody wanted old racecars. I remember that well. That was after the oil embargo/gas crisis, Ralph Nader, and the 5MPH bumper. People were selling "gas guzzler" for peanuts to buy a Pinto or a Vega or many of the other econoboxes out there. Probably got 2 MPG more than a big block Impala.

Reactions: rtj
The guy with the 81 car was saying he bought the car in 1976 because nobody wanted old racecars. I remember that well. That was after the oil embargo/gas crisis, Ralph Nader, and the 5MPH bumper. People were selling "gas guzzler" for peanuts to buy a Pinto or a Vega or many of the other econoboxes out there. Probably got 2 MPG more than a big block Impala.

Yeah, non titled vintage race cars still pop up and sit for sale. Maybe when I win the lottery. :)