Misc Vintage Racing Clips

Yeah, looks pretty tight. I searched and it said it hadn't been posted before. He looked familiar and he mentioned doing a previous vid on this car. So probably posted that one.

The owner might have boosted the seat a bit and didn't want to change it. :)

:)

Yeah, nice touch. Drive the race cars to the track and stop for gas. LOL

I had never heard of this car. I think that would have changed Indy had it raced. One of the reasons I never heard of it I found in one of the posts @ Youtube:

Howard Keck who owned the car Vukovich drove in1952, 53 and 54 was so sad at Vukovich's death in the Indy 1955 race, that he quit racing. Because Keck quit racing, this car was never raced.
In 1952 Keck brought the first roadster type car to Indy. In the Indy roadster, the engine was offset to the left of the driver. In 1952, Vukovich had a big lead in the race, but a small part broke only 8 laps from the finish.

Reactions: rtj
I had never heard of this car. I think that would have changed Indy had it raced. One of the reasons I never heard of it I found in one of the posts @ Youtube:

Howard Keck who owned the car Vukovich drove in1952, 53 and 54 was so sad at Vukovich's death in the Indy 1955 race, that he quit racing. Because Keck quit racing, this car was never raced.
In 1952 Keck brought the first roadster type car to Indy. In the Indy roadster, the engine was offset to the left of the driver. In 1952, Vukovich had a big lead in the race, but a small part broke only 8 laps from the finish.

Yes, truly an amazing car. Need a pit crew to remove panels in order not to damage paint! Someone knew what they were doing on those aluminum body panels.

The owner mentioned "no budget" restoration. I wonder what it is worth?

C8, not vintage, just being lazy.

Weekend of the 28th—mid Ohio SVRA. Too bad I hate crowds.