My 1st vette

Tool&Die4Life

Hi all,
Greetings from Dayton Ohio. I just found my first vette sitting on the back of a car lot in Cincinnati just begging to come home with me and for 3K she did. She's a 79 C3 350/350.

A little about me, I'm a Master Tool and Die Maker for a local tool shop here in Dayton and love cars. The C3 Corvette has always been one of my all time favorites, but I can't stand factory vehicles. So hopefully i'll fit in here, I've found a ton of good info on the website already and ordered a ton of parts. :stirpot:

Anyway Thanks for all the advice you guys have given me so far and i'll try and contribute as much as i can.

Welcome to the motley crew.....

Better watch out, we may ordering up custom parts.....:harhar:

Thanks all, it feels good to be welcomed.

As for the custom parts, I've personally made parts for hospital gurneys, military aircraft (manned and unmanned), street rods, trim parts for Tesla's new sedan and the list goes on and on... If you want custom parts all anyone has to do is contact me and i'll pm them my companies info so they can get a quote from the big boss man himself. I'll guarantee you'll like the parts, maybe not the price, but definitely the parts. lmao

As for my vette i have elected to make everything old school (ok a 3d printer will be used) but for the most part everything i make custom will be done with either air tools or hand tools ie: files hacksaws hammers chisels sanding blocks and maybe a die grinder for buffing and polishing.

Welcome! :hi:

I completed my tool & die apprenticeship about 33 years ago and am still working in the profession today. And still love it. And judging by your user name you feel the same way.

Hello Hello, it seems like there are tons of cool people here and tons of knowledge available at my finger tips. Im liking this site more everyday!