mystery body

WhiteShadow89158

Hey fellas, i was checking out the tags on the door frame and they say my car was made november 9, 79'. I checked out the VIN and it says its an 81....The registration also said it was an 81...strange. was there a production stall or what? Theres evidence throughout the car that its been repainted but it doesn't seem like the front clip was replaced.

You mean the trim tag, I thought maybe you were talking about one of those stickers. There's no year on it, only a date....or am I wrong here? Only remember seeing a letter and numbers indicating month & day of month, no year.

What does your tag read? Should be a trim & pain code and a build date code.

Are you talking about the trim tag that is riveted to the bird cage? Kind of sounds suspicious. What front clip is on the car? What rear end is in the car? Could be a 79 with a 81 VIN and front clip. Got some pictures?

'81's built at Bowling Green and all '82's had a year designation in the trim tag. The code began with an B for 81 and C for 82. No other C3 trim tags have a year code in them. What is the code on your trim tag?

The production year for '81 began in August, so the monthcode for a vette built in

You say tags; is there more than 1 tag? There is vehicle certification label attached to the top of the rear portion of the drivers door. It has both the VIN and the month/year of production. There is another sticker below it which has tire pressure, size and capacity.