Need help identifying hose/grommet

427Swede

Hi,
Need some help to identify what the hose (with the red arrow) on the photo is used for???
I did not take any notes during tear down, of this exact hose so, what can it be. Have no idea where it was routed on the inside...
Have not found it in the AIM so far.
The car is a 69 427.

187750a0212dde232.jpg

/Daniel

I'm so excited... I actually know this one.

It's the cruise control hose.... I eliminated it (when the controller stopped sending speed information to the speedometer) and used that hole for the EFI wires.

this I'm not sure about, but that hose (for the HVAC) comes through either above or on the other side.... eliminated that one too. :)

It's the cruise control hose.... I eliminated it (when the controller stopped sending speed information to the speedometer) and used that hole for the EFI wires.

this I'm not sure about, but that hose (for the HVAC) comes through either above or on the other side.... eliminated that one too. :)

Sorry to dissapoint you but, I do not have Crusise control:lol:
The HVAC seems more likely then. If so, where is it connected in the engine bay? I shall have a look in the AIM tonight after work now that I know what it can possibly be.

There is a Vacuum line that goes to the passenger side air door panel if you have air conditioning:
44a45440e9e385.jpg
448395a4f676bb.jpg

There is also a vacuum switch that is on top of the plenum inside the car. This switch is connected to the temperature cable(which closes/opens the door inside the plenum. It also controls vacuum to the heater control valve with the vacuum line going from the switch inside the car to the heater valve:
4487bd45fb7abb.jpg

Last edited:
Thank´s for all your efforts trying to solve my question!!
BBShark, I do not have AC either... So, after studying the AIM I found it in section 1, M3 page J142.
The hose is, as correctly stated by pancake, the feeding vacuum hose for the hvac box and ventilation system.
It should be tapped into a T that is connected to the vacuum feed hose for the wiper vacuum relay in the right fender.
The T can actually bee seen in the exact middle of my photo!!

Thank´s again everyone:drink: Now the vacuum system is almost completely done on my car.

/Daniel

On my '72 here in FLORIDA, I sealed that top door shut, and disabled the spring works on the dash pot, the completely removed that lower door, so my HVAC is on permanent recirculation, and being a convertible, never miss much air circulation, especially with the top down.....:clap::bonkers::waxer::p

Sorry to dissapoint you but, I do not have Crusise control:lol:
The HVAC seems more likely then. If so, where is it connected in the engine bay? I shall have a look in the AIM tonight after work now that I know what it can possibly be.

oops.... it wasn't.

I got to play with that very hose tonight.... it went to the heater
control valve
PB120008.jpg

Last edited:
Vacuum is also for Astro Ventallation cannister at back of car for flapper doors on rear deck vents (looks like a distributor vacuum advance can.) Many times this vacuum line is overlooked, should be on passenger side at far rear, there is a brass line running from HVAC control dials in center console to the rear of your coupe. The less vacuum leaks the better the idle of that Vette

update on mine... vacuum operated heater valve is hooked up, no workie

as for vacuum I'm eliminating engine vacuum and running a pump with reservoir.... I'm so tired of having inconsistent brake boost because of the cam - time to continue in my attack of all things NCRS by installing a vacuum pump :D

update on mine... vacuum operated heater valve is hooked up, no workie

as for vacuum I'm eliminating engine vacuum and running a pump with reservoir.... I'm so tired of having inconsistent brake boost because of the cam - time to continue in my attack of all things NCRS by installing a vacuum pump :D

I"m a gonna catch shit for this, but install a Hydro Boost brake system and get rid of that soft pedal forever.....