Need opinions on custom seats

White76

I was wondering what your guys thoughts are on some seats. I currently have a firethorn/white interior with white leather seats, which I really do like. However, the seats don't accomodate a 5 point seat belt that I would like to install along with a HANS device for HPDE's.

img_0793.jpg

I have narrowed my choices down to the following seats due to me being quite a large guy (6'2") and it is a dual purpose car that me and the wife takes trips in so full out racing seats are out of the question. Got to keep the wife happy ;).

Also, I don't want to swap between the factory seats and racing seats when I go to the track for two reasons: (1) its an additional pain I don't care to deal with, and (2) I am thinking about installing a roll bar so I need a seat with a high head rest for safety issues when I don't have a helmet on (i.e. street driving).

After I get the new seats fitted, I intend to have them changed to white leather to keep the same factory color scheme. Also, I'm probably going to hard mount the seats without tracks to get them as low as possible, plus I'm debating about lowering the floor board about an inch (or two).

Here are my favorites so far.

Corbeau Moab seat and shave the base to get the correct ride height. I know this one is the worst for the track, but with the correct stitching in the custom cover, it would look fairly close to factory.
Moab-70007-SR-XL.jpg

Recaro Speed S
Recaro_Speed-S.gif

Sparco Steel
Sparco_Steel.jpg

So what are your thoughts??

I'd like Recarro's but for my big truck.
I spend tons of hrs sitting in there I need something good, In the other truck I had Isringhausen's seats Pretty good and similar to recarros's

I got a pair of recaro Speed a few years ago.
they are really wide.

don't think they fit a C3.

here are the measurements I took back then :
width @shoulders : 21.5in.
width @waist : 22in.
seat bottom width : 23.5in

I sold them to my buddy who will use them in his 76 Camaro
DSC00063.JPG

Last edited:
I got a pair of recaro Speed a few years ago.
they are really wide. don't think they fit a C3.

here are the measurements I took back then :
width @shoulders : 21.5in.
width @waist : 22in.
seat bottom width : 23.5in

Their website says both the Speed and Speed S are only 21.0 wide at the seat cushion. That is my biggest fear about the Recaro's ... is how they will fit in the car.

I wonder if they changed designs since you purchased yours. By the way the ones I'm debating on are the "S" model which has smaller thigh supports than the original Speed model.

Thanks guys for the opinions. :hi:

Your belts are only as good as your seat is strong. On a two piece seat, its very important to brace the back of the seat to the roll bar. Seen two fail during accidents without bracing. Belts go limp and you get spit out. One was a factory c6 seat. Glad you are puting a bar in.

vignetteDSC_2864.jpg

The back of the seat is going to be against the back of the compartment area so bracing might not be needed, but I'll keep that in mind. If at all possible, I'll incorporate a brace too.

Thanks for the advice.