Need stock bolt size

Jclgodale3

Can someone tell me the size, thread and length of our stock rear spring bolts? I want to go longer but not necessarily to 8 or 10 inch bolts...thanks

OEM bolt is special, 6" long, 9/16-18 unf thread and in the center is only 1/2" dia where it doesn't meet the cushions.

Can be replaced with a regular 9/16-18 unf grade 8 bolt from any hardware store. Should be able to get them in 1" increments.
Prefer to drill the end and use a cotter key or some use nylock nuts.

I got mine from McMaster.... they have 8", 9", 10" grade 8 bolts in 9/16" diameter and even longer if needed.... thread is long enough so you can adjust to what you need and then cut the excess from under the nut :thumbs:

I used a set of 8.5" bolts from a C4 and was surprised they run right next to (the bottom washer and cushion) the rear tire on the passenger side. I have 255/60/15's on stock 8" Rally wheels. Confused...

I have a pair I got from Caterpillar. Guaranteed stronger than any Grade 8 bolt. I've used CAT's bolts in places that Grade 8's popped like they were made from glass. Stretched a few of them, but never broke one.

I got them for the spring bolts- then didn't want to grind the head down.