New guy here from Texas

Hi, my names jeff and i was turned towards this site after i got ridiculed over at d.c. for wanting to switch my 350 from a cf injection to a carbd setup with a supercharger. Plus i think they were kinda ticked that im only 18 and have a 'vette(alot of people seem to think my parents bought it, thats a funny joke!) Annnnyyywayyysss My only car(and 'vette) at the moment is a 1984 base coupe, nothing special factory black wiht a charcoal interior, 154k on the clock, 3:11's, auto trans, 700 watt sound system with two ten inch subs, an old beaten paint job and top, falken 255's all the way around. just your basic corvette :D

I love it though :) i first saw one when i was about 8 and i told my parents that i was gonna have one when i grew up, over the next ten years i built countless models collected countless corvette diecasts, anything corvette related(i still have alot of it!) then when i turned 18 and i could legally buy a car and put in my name i saved up enough money for a basic 'vette, drove 100 miles with a friend and picked up the car of my dreams. I had to register it in my name that day or my mom wouldve made me sell it, so thats what i did. I had told my dad i was buying a corvette and he wasnt to thrilled, but when i pulled up in front of my house and my mom came out i thought she was gonna kill me! I eventually convinced here that i would be safe in it and she let me keep "stacy". both of my parents have driven it, almost all of my friends,family ahve riden in it, and all of them cant believe i bought a corvette for my first car(technicaly my first car was a 83' datsun 280zx turbo, but thats another story)

I would have already had my car back on the road, it broke down in febuary a while after i bought it, but health problems and financial problems have kept me from enjoying it. luckily i have all that memoribilia to sell, and im almost done saving up to put it in the shop, so yall watch out for my burnout videos :devil:

well ive typed enough nonsense for one day :D

Jeff.

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

43 years ago my first car was a '60 vette, in '66...age 22.....chased a few chicks in that car....:trumpet:

Thanks guys, sure ill post some picks. Mind you she does need a lot of work, but its a good first 'vette.

scan0004.jpg

Second day i had it after i got done washing/waxing it. Drove back to a restraunt to meet some friends with the top off :D (that explains the huge grin and messed up hair!)

006-1.jpg

A very well enjoyed engine bay.

007.jpg

Passenger cockpit.

008.jpg

I still have my luggage cover :)

004.jpg

the sound system.

003.jpg

the drivers side, i need a new seat cover.

011.jpg

I only need to replace the center lcd, but it could use all new ones.

012.jpg

Info center.

Right now its awaiting new gear in the rear, then im switching out the cf injection for a nice supercharger and a pair of camel hump head,headers and all that good go fast stuff :D

Welcome, were in Texas are you? Don't know if you want to waste money gearing that D36 if your doing the mods you stated.

Welcome Jeff,
I'm new here too. I bought my first Vette when I was 17.It was a 71. Caught the same crap about my folks buying it for me (they didn't). That was 30 years ago. It wasn't my first car but it has always been my favorite.
Dale

Welcome Jeff!
Glad to see another C4 running around here. This is a GREAT site for tech help and I am sure you will learn a LOT. If you are going to be in need of parts stick around I am getting ready to do a lot of changes andd will have a lot of parts for sale CHEAP. :drink:

Last edited:
Welcome Jeff,
I'm new here too. I bought my first Vette when I was 17.It was a 71. Caught the same crap about my folks buying it for me (they didn't). That was 30 years ago. It wasn't my first car but it has always been my favorite.
Dale

My first car was a '60 vette in '66, for a silly GRAND even....500 down, dad co signed a note at the bank for me on the other 500 bux...payments about 65/month....

lost it in a wreck, but when going back into vettes some ~25? years later, I found the C1 variety was NOT well suited, the C4 was better, but in fact my '72 is the best of the bunch, lots of it is personal ergonomics....I dunno about C5+ never even driven one....

:gurney: