New project...

Jclgodale3

Got tired of troubleshooting a miss in the engine of the new project so I just...

68engineout.jpg
68engineout2.jpg
68engineout3.jpg

You are going to be suffering from a communicable disease worse than the H1N1......

it's called the whileimatits, it CAN be fatal, to your wallet.....

;):crap::surrender:

You are going to be suffering from a communicable disease worse than the H1N1......

Yep...just getting the motor out revealed a lot of steering issues and maybe a front end rebuild:suspicious:

Yep...just getting the motor out revealed a lot of steering issues and maybe a front end rebuild:suspicious:

Dr. Gene sez it looks FAR more progressed that THAT, a wholesale steering redesign, brake system updates, engine room cleanup, cooling system updates, HVAC updates....overdrive tranny, improvements in rear suspension....wheels and tires, body off frame, :smash::thumbs:

Yes, this man is going to be busy for a LONG time,....:cool::lol:

Isn't that the idea?:bounce:
BTW, the brake system was totally gone through prior to my purchase and seems good. (new brake hard lines front to rear, new stainless lines at each corner, new calipers and rotors on all 4 corners and new proportioning valve)

Isn't that the idea?:bounce:
BTW, the brake system was totally gone through prior to my purchase and seems good. (new brake hard lines front to rear, new stainless lines at each corner, new calipers and rotors on all 4 corners and new proportioning valve)

Every man needs a project, lets just say mine vary a bit.....

:crap::gurney:

I think you found the source of the miss!
Actually I did, tonight though during the tear down, not from the pics above. Every friggin' piston in the motor had the top compression rign in pieces. WTH? Had to have been done during install. What else would cause every pistons top compression ring to come apart? (other than a shitty engine builder) Pics to follow. Had a rod bearing damn near ready to spin too. Whole lotta grooved copper:bomb: The cylinder that had 70lbs psi...the piston was damaged

Last edited:
Damnit man, just damnit.....:surrender::eek:

I have to agree, piss poor assy work....

You know, looking at the piston in the pic, it looks like the engine was run for 100,000 without an oil change! Looks like lots of sludge and varnish, and carbon build up on the parts. I'm not sure you don't just have an abused engine that had enough!!