No new Sand car for me

BigBlockTank

Tucson, AZ Not heaven, but it's a toll free call f
today, at least.

We went to Phoenix this morning to look at a 4 seat sand car. It's just a bit too small for me to fit, I'm 6'1 and 250lbs. This kid that owns it is 5'8 and all of 160lbs. wet. My wife wants another one that has better equipment, and fits both of us a bit better. She's not a big ole girl, only 5'4 and 130lbs. but it was a bit difficult in and out for her too.

Oh well, the saga and quest continues.........................................................:skeptic:

If hes talking about what I think he is this would be it

0803or_08_z+06_extreme_performance_platinum_sand_car+exterior_view_main.jpg

Yellow, that's it. We went and looked at another today, but he didn't meet my price, thinks he's gonna get his price. I tried to tell that kid. He'll call me next week, and my price will have dropped by then. His "buggy" will be another week older, depreciation, ya know.

The older ones are called dune buggies, or similar names. The new cars, not all have VW based engines. I've looked at a few that have LS1 engines. Damn, them things are quick on the sand. Some of them are now called sand limos. I'm trying to find a low budget, low dollar car that somebody has to sell due to the economy. I'm just a poor redneck trying to have fun.

I built a hard rock buggy years ago, and sometimes miss it. I would LOVE to find an old REAL Myers Manx to rebuild. Then you can use it on/off road anytime. They are a BLAST.:nuts:

I built a hard rock buggy years ago, and sometimes miss it. I would LOVE to find an old REAL Myers Manx to rebuild. Then you can use it on/off road anytime. They are a BLAST from the past.:nuts:

:shocking::1st:

I built a hard rock buggy years ago, and sometimes miss it. I would LOVE to find an old REAL Myers Manx to rebuild. Then you can use it on/off road anytime. They are a BLAST.:nuts:

That was the plan for my suburban lol

I think it's too big though

000_0013.jpg

I'm going to start looking for a willy's now though

129_0511_05ttc_41_z.jpg'

WOW memories.

Back in the late 60's in high school, had a summer job making these bodies.
2 guys copied a Manx body and hardtop and were making them in some sheds on a farm. It was all hand layup, no chopper guns. Learned what was possible with glass. Also made scoops, flairs and fenders for the old beetles, plenty of them around at the time to build the buggies.

All the upholstered furniture in their house was too itchy.

But you said Myers Manx. Now what?:noworry:

The ad you posted was for an "imitation" Manx. NOT the real deal.
http://www.meyersmanx.com/history.shtml

OK, now I'm clear, you want a real deal Manx. Well, I'll keep my eyes open then.

I still haven't found anything that I can afford to buy for cash in hand.