Not a New Member But :)

SHAKERATTLEROLL

With all of the BS and bad information on other forums such as CF I do not understand why Vette Mod is not more active? Maybe we are not growing due to the low activity but I am not sure. I know there is some good information here to say the least even if most of us are NUTS lol.

So maybe we can put our mindless minds to work and think of something? Ideas, thoughts? :thumbs:

:smash: I come HERE to talk serious cars, I go there to argue poly ticks.....and bullshit....

and you right, but here is more active than most other vette forums I know of, except maybe the blue page group....CF don't count because of the info as you stated....

:smash::thumbs:

I fell over when in the tech part of the C-3 forum someone asked about Floor Mats lol. I mean come on lol.

I know this might be jumping off of a cliff but I do feel that Stingers project is a good one and really his efforts to post all that stuff on CF I think will just be a Waste.

Maybe if we only posted the tech stuff here and not on other forums might bring more people interested in such things to VM?

Not to mention the Free Trade of information about products and companies unlike the muzzle placed on us at CF. I have to admit after the last time I was booted from CF I took some time off. And well someone asked a question about there C-3 Diff and trailing arms and I put up Gary and Mike Dyer and was informed by Stinger it was a No No now lol. Well the post was removed post haste and informed it was another Bad Move I made by a Mod with the threat of being removed lol. I know it is okay to send a pm or e mail to others to let them know the information they may need but how does that help others that may not be a member or even other members looking for information.

So I hope that we can keep this forum open to ideas and thoughts to help everyone enjoy there CORVETTE however they wish and to try and keep each others heads from being ripped off by places with inferior products. :)

Sorry if it sounds like a rant but it is late lol.

Last edited:
I fell over when in the tech part of the C-3 forum someone asked about Floor Mats lol. I mean come on lol.

I know this might be jumping off of a cliff but I do feel that Stingers project is a good one and really his efforts to post all that stuff on CF I think will just be a Waste.

Maybe if we only posted the tech stuff here and not on other forums might bring more people interested in such things to VM?

Not to mention the Free Trade of information about products and companies unlike the muzzle placed on us at CF. I have to admit after the last time I was booted from CF I took some time off. And well someone asked a question about there C-3 Diff and trailing arms and I put up Gary and Mike Dyer and was informed by Stinger it was a No No now lol. Well the post was removed post haste and informed it was another Bad Move I made by a Mod with the threat of being removed lol. I know it is okay to send a pm or e mail to others to let them know the information they may need but how does that help others that may not be a member or even other members looking for information.

So I hope that we can keep this forum open to ideas and thoughts to help everyone enjoy there CORVETTE however they wish and to try and keep each others heads from being ripped off by places with inferior products. :)

Sorry if it sounds like a rant but it is late lol.

IMO, it's not a rant, as I agree with you, which has been gone over pretty well here as the reason this joint was set up in the first place,...back a couple/few? years ago...been 3 years already?? me flippin' mammory not worth a shit....

:hissyfit:

Shake, Thanks for the show of support. Your observations are exactly why we started VetteMOD. Unfortunately, for every serious gearhead, there are hundreds looking for the coolest floor mats:eek: So VetteMOD has limited appeal to most.

I still remember the glory days of CF as most here do. It's a shame what happened to it but I hope we can still keep the fire going here.

I don't even have any carpet yet let alone floor mats :(

I know I am new but I feel more comfortable on this site then the others. I came to find this site when I posted on cf and 7t2vette posted pictures with the vettemod logo on the bottom of the pictures. So maybe post more pictures with the logo of vettemod at the bottom? Just an idea I came over this way and feel welcomed. Now if I knew how to post some pictures in the thread I'd be in good shape. Any help please? :surrender:

Shake, Thanks for the show of support. Your observations are exactly why we started VetteMOD. Unfortunately, for every serious gearhead, there are hundreds looking for the coolest floor mats:eek: So VetteMOD has limited appeal to most.

I still remember the glory days of CF as most here do. It's a shame what happened to it but I hope we can still keep the fire going here.

Thank You BBShark. We joined this site at the same time lol. And I know this might sound odd but when this site started I felt for sure all of the gear heads would leave CF and come here. Which would make CF Dead lol. Well it is still kinda dead for good information lol. But what does get my goat is all of the great info that Lars and many other members posted or sent to Corvettefaqs. And many of those are now gone. And to think that the person made money by selling the CF site to a company of which in my view made money off of the good will of others. But I guess that is just the way things go when people care enough to help others someone will in there own way take advantage of it.

So Let the good times Roll on VetteMod. :)

I know I am new but I feel more comfortable on this site then the others. I came to find this site when I posted on cf and 7t2vette posted pictures with the vettemod logo on the bottom of the pictures. So maybe post more pictures with the logo of vettemod at the bottom? Just an idea I came over this way and feel welcomed. Now if I knew how to post some pictures in the thread I'd be in good shape. Any help please? :surrender:

I posted a pic on one of the other sites that came from here...had the logo on it. Pic was removed and I was given a warning.....

There is a nice sticky in the help section and many other threads on posting pics..here is TT's sticky:thumbs:

http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2837

Smokinbbc,
I found another way to post but this one lets you put up more pictures, thanks!

I did put up some pictures of my work in progress. 1974 Corvette Pro Touring, and if no one else has added I think I am the first one. Thanks for the support and help! :beer:

Dunno... .... just my humble opinion...... the censorship at that other website is like Russia in the mid 80's.... or maybe current China .... I've always been a supporter of free speech.....
Now... why so many waste their time and breath at other sites... dunno...

I have not posted over at CF since 05-28-08 for just these reasons. If you can't share good advice without the vendors getting all pissy, it's not worth my time to contribute. BTW...no mods ever asked why I left...I feel so unwanted...ha ha.

I have not posted over at CF since 05-28-08 for just these reasons. If you can't share good advice without the vendors getting all pissy, it's not worth my time to contribute. BTW...no mods ever asked why I left...I feel so unwanted...ha ha.

My tech posts over there have dropped to almost nil also, over maybe the last two years....

but I do use OT/PRC as my primary news source, and to blow off steam at the insanity/idiots running this 'world'.....

:bomb::amazed:

What color floor mats go with my blue eyes the best?

We can get Guido to dot your eyes, then they'll match,.

Every time I offer some help over there, someone else jumps all over it as being incorrect. I know I'm not right all the time, but I do carry a pretty good average. 40+ years of dealing with this stuff, you kind of learn what works and what does not. You want a fast course? work flat-rate in a dealer for warranty times- learn it quick or go hungry,

Last edited: