Not sure where to put this so here goes...

wickd

I have a classic vette (72), but this post is about dashes and electrical stuff so if it needs moved, do it. I been looking at how to fit all my gauges, audio, switches, ect in my dash somewhere. I rebuilt the center section of my dash to accept 9 gauges and lost the room for a radio and even with 9 gauges I would like to monitor a couple of other things. I wanted some kind of tunes so in researching that out I learned that I could plug my ipod touch into an amp and power all six speakers with it. I got a headphone out cord with rca jacks on the other end, used splitters so I have 4 rca jacks and plugged them into the amp. The amp has gain controls so I used them to adjust front to rear volume and it sounds surprisingly good and has plenty of volume too. Quick fix for tunes. I been wondering why somebody doesn't just make a face plate looking little box that can mount anywhere that would give you am/fm/xm and have a plug in for an ipod, to my knowledge nobody does so far. Ok so pretty soon I need to put a new wiring harness in the car. I have looked at the Isis system and it looks pretty cool, they have a touch screen for controls and gauges. Now I see a MiMod HP system that seems to have it all, touch screen, even dual touch screens, gives you the ability to monitor all engine functions, trans functions (I have a 4l80e), sat radio, has wifi capability, ect. Can be totally customized for each user and they can download anything to the system, different apps ect, through wifi, and you can control a bunch of stuff remotely with an iphone, ipod touch, ect. Amazing stuff. So now I am thinking if a later vette driver side dash would fit my 72, since they are flat where the speedo and tach go, I could put in a screen there for all my gauges and toggle back and forth between the standard screen and all other gauges I wanted to watch. Then I could take out the gauges in the center and have a second screen for all other functions/switches. I can have power window switches, fans, fuel pump, heat/ac, audio ect that can be controlled with it. So with two touch screens I can control it all, I wont even have to use the heater controls in the console any more. So will a late 70's driver side dash fit my 72? All that just to ask one question....

Mike

You are following the same path I did, but going mucho further.....better watch out, you can go nutz with this shit.....

I can't help a bit with the wiz bang audio and .comm gear.....other than basic wiring which you obviously know well enough already....

with enough work you can make most anything fit in that dash position, but IMO....the answer is NO, the dashes are totally different, honestly if you have the center done the way you like, I would just follow through on the speedo/tach to what you like....

curious to see some pix of what you did there, and maybe on the audio/geek stuff too.....

:yahoo::flash: