Oil filter adapter leaking again!!!

BlackRat

This freakin transdapt adapter that goes between the oil filter and the bypass nipple on the block is leaking again and it has had me chasing a mysterious leak for months until it finnaly seems to have gotten bad enough that I could locate it. I am using this adapter so I have a port for my oil temp sending unit.

Is there a better filter adapter that will not leak!?!?! Also should I replace that old pot metal bypass adapter or are the repacement ones just as brittle?

Thanks
Wade

Ah, spin on adapter.

So you have one of those sandwich adapters? Is it a bypassing style or not? If it's non bypassing like the moroso unit you must use a hose to connect the out and in side otherwise you will have no oil circulation (if plugged off). The billet ones like the moroso one or stuff like a Barnes adapter bolt up using 2 allen bolts and you remove the stock spin on adapter. I use those, never a unit that threads in with one of those sleeves over the stock spin on adapter. Barnes has a nice 90 deg. adapter, it's not drilled for a temp probe port but you can easily drill and tap it for the appropriate NPT size. It ain't cheap though. Be sure to get the one without the AN o ring fittings. The ones with 1 fitting are for dry sump systems, the ones with 2 are for a remote oil cooler and they too are non bypassing.