Opinions Welcome on Profiler Heads

Red

OK...I still haven't replaced the heads on my L-82, 79 bracket racer, for those that remember my fiasco with DB. I liked the Patriot heads my local Murray's Speed and Custom shop is selling for $877 assembled with springs supporting .580 lift. A buddy just sent me the link below as a good deal. I don't know enough to differentiate a good deal from a headache. What concerns me about these heads is they don't show the chamber. I want vortec shaped chambers and they also mention using Jessel or T&D rockers. Good stuff, but I don't need to spend that much money for the kind of power I plan to make, about 425-450 HP. I'd appreciate the opinion of those in the know on cylinder heads. I'd choose the 195 runners with 64cc chambers for my application on a 355 engine. It will have a hyd roller cam with around .540 lift. The car needs to be very streetable and run on pump gas with 10.5 CR. I'm also planning to use an Air-Gap intake and a Holley 750 DP carb. This is the head link:
http://www.profilerperformance.com/sbc-heads-176.html

Had a closer look at the cheap Edelbrocks - it says they're designed for cams with less than .500" lift yet the max valve lift is .550" ... and they say they good for 5500rpm.

For a little more $ you get the RPM heads:
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...840140+4294867028+4294791970+115&autoview=sku

These are good for .575" lift.

Many heads are $1200-$1400, these RPM heads are the cheapest among the name brands.

The Patriot heads that you buy locally for $877 are $935 incl tax. Not too shabby if you can see/inspect the heads before you buy....

btw, Summit gives you a free jacket with Edelbrock heads - just in case it's getting cold here in FL.... :1st:

I'd choose the Edelbrock RPM heads, find them online on sale and let Summit match that price - Summit's $11.95 s&h is usually the cheapest, others might charge actual shipping cost

Thanks guys, I am aware of the Edel E-Tech heads among others, but looking for a biger bang for my dollar. I was hoping there was someone with experience using these Pro-filer heads. AFR heads are getting a good pump these days, but they ain't the only answer and pricey. I watch most of the Pass Time and Pinks shows and look for what products everyone is using. There is not one brand head that dominates, although Brodix are frequently seen.

I had one guy telling me Trick Flo heads are the way to go; they have the 23 degree angle that was proven to provide superior flow. Well, these Pro-Filer heads say they are 23 degree angle heads, so doesn't that make them similar to Trick-Flow? They have plenty of choices from intake runners to chamber size. The one big question in my mind is the chamber design.

After examining the heads at Murrays several times and asking questions, I'm now looking for something that offers more for less. Dick Murray guarantees his Patriot heads against any defect and he will replace any defect head. He has had many heads pass through the shop and they all had smooth CNC machined chambers and runners. I was impressed, but I digress. The USA manufactured Pro-Filer heads look good and can be had with good valves. If it has vortec style chambers with the 23 degree angle head, maybe it will provide better perfromance? I got some feelers out on these heads to see if anybody has experience with them. I'll post any negatives that may surface.