Ordered the DragVette 6-link

496BBC

I've read through the threads about the 6-link kits and the benefits of the set up. I do mostly street driving but do want to run on the track some day (1/4 mile) so this looked to be a good option for the cost.

I usually do the DIY upgrades on my car but for the price and a solid place to start I decided to start with the DragVette set up.

I mainly wanted the half shaft hoops and the drive shaft hoops for safety and to remove the half shafts from being a member of the suspension so if they fail the tire will stay in the fender well.

My half shafts have a good bit of slack so I'm hoping this will help stabilize the rear of the car.

I also opted for the rear cross-member stabilizing disc and the billet U-joint retaining caps.

The only concern that I see will be the top link mount at the bump stop, this is were the issues I've read about occur. I'll deal with this once I get the kit mounted and see what I need to do about it.

Anyone out there have experience with this kit, good and bad points?

thanks Neal

That Kit wasn't available when I built my 6 link... I did use some of the dragvette pieces though... most were modified... Driveshaft and halfshaft loops...

When I built my Giovanni-like IRS I used their safety loops. Well thought out mounting to the lower shock mount. (They wouldn't sell me the "exact" ones - but the one legged version.)

I wonder; has anyone published the camber curves and resultant toe action with the Drag-Vette system? Good Luck on your install.

Cheers - Jim

When I built my Giovanni-like IRS I used their safety loops. Well thought out mounting to the lower shock mount. (They wouldn't sell me the "exact" ones - but the one legged version.)

I wonder; has anyone published the camber curves and resultant toe action with the Drag-Vette system? Good Luck on your install.

Cheers - Jim

I ran across the charts a little while back but don't remember where right now,

there are some videos on a test rack of the camber change angles (youtube),

Neal

Maybe you could do a before and after comparison? Say, C3 before range of motion and Camber curve through the range, then C3 with DRAG-VETTE camber change. And, it would make a nice You-tube video too.
Something other than the Butt -Dyno. :wink:

Cheers - Jim

Maybe you could do a before and after comparison? Say, C3 before range of motion and Camber curve through the range, then C3 with DRAG-VETTE camber change. And, it would make a nice You-tube video too.
Something other than the Butt -Dyno. :wink:

Cheers - Jim

Jim;

Steve has an install video of the 6-link with a precision level mounted on the rotor and runs the system through around 5" of travel with only 2 tenths change in camber from center up and center down. His video is on YouTube, look for DragVette 6-link install and go to the end of the video.

Neal