racervette69

Underachiever
Pan riders,, figure this out.

2011-03-20104618.jpg

2011-03-20104602.jpg

2011-03-20104706.jpg

2011-03-16172254.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing cooler than a half-tank panhead, even if the rest is shovel--let that valve train noise be free!!:D

(Did you put in a later main shaft or use creative primary sprocketing to fit the kick motor to the electric trans? It's a spline, but looks pretty short...I dunno, been a long time since I've gotten into the details of this....& is that primary cover cut out & floating on the old cases?)

Last edited:
Kidvette, great pan and pictures. Reminds me of David Allan Coe, Panhead's forever..

Last edited:
I loved the old Harley photos, they brought back fond memories. I built a full out 47 knucklehead FL custom. It was raked with a chrome frame and engine and trans cases. I wish I had a scanner to post photos. I also had a 57 straight leg frame with a panhead and several other custom Harleys. Once I got too old for the rigid frames, I restored a 67 shovel with all the dresser accessories. It was painted candy apple red with original white stripes, that resembled the original Hi-Fi red from the factory. I cry every time I think what I sold them for. BTW...I bought the 47 knuckle in baskets for $75, how things have changed since 1965!

Kidvette, great pan and pictures. Reminds me of David Allan Coe, Panhead's forever.. Took the clutch lever and mounted on the hwy bars. Put a foot pad on it, Welded a old hurst shifter,,lol to the cut off foot shifter, pointed it straight up. Used the mid shift location through the primary. This was last year, when I had a pipe stuck on it.

Ok, next question is why? I had the original suicide clutch/tank shifter on my pan and never cared for it. Always had to lean right when I came to a stop and keep my left foot on the clutch (those who didn't keep their foot on the clutch quickly learned why it was called "suicide". :shocking:

Kidvette, great pan and pictures. Reminds me of David Allan Coe, Panhead's forever.. Took the clutch lever and mounted on the hwy bars. Put a foot pad on it, Welded a old hurst shifter,,lol to the cut off foot shifter, pointed it straight up. Used the mid shift location through the primary. This was last year, when I had a pipe stuck on it.

Ok, next question is why? I had the original suicide clutch/tank shifter on my pan and never cared for it. Always had to lean right when I came to a stop and keep my left foot on the clutch (those who didn't keep their foot on the clutch quickly learned why it was called "suicide". :shocking:

toe shifter.

Last edited: