Plastic Fantastic 2

You've really made a lot of progress on projects, I am always amazed by your energy. Rest up and get feeling better!

I always feel like somebody's watching me
4CXCfcLh.jpg
part of today was running the throttle cable....
but first, break every warranty
suxXrwoh.jpg
8t5DRAjh.jpg
not one thing wasn't modified....
kfOKNz7h.jpg

problem 2.... maybe put the radiator vertically?
EoLdxUQh.jpg
it does give me more room and would provide better cooling, however, it puts the filler below the outlet on the motor
veWJOMjh.jpg
it is above the crossmember
U7kNw3Vh.jpg
would require pinning the hood
XlzRILnh.jpg
so thinking.

and worked a bit on belt alignment - though I'm waiting on more parts
XAPDMnjh.jpg

You mentioned a vertical rad. I always wanted to investigate using a short thick radiator that leaned forward, with electric fans ducted out the hood. I think I've seen photos somewhere.

You mentioned a vertical rad. I always wanted to investigate using a short thick radiator that leaned forward, with electric fans ducted out the hood. I think I've seen photos somewhere.
I gotta finish the front suspension first... Brakes arrive this next weekend, uprights getting finished at the machine shop. Pushrod shocks and springs are in. The air box for my radiator has been done for a few years. Just not installed - too much in the way.
Pics and updates starting soon, I PROMISE!

lots of years ago, at the Corvette Swap meet (near Seattle), the 'show' portion had a really track prepped C3 with a vertical radiator. He used a shorter radiator - cannot remember what he said he used (RX7?).... I dunno if I'm going to go that far because I already have cooling issues, my last thought was a LS7 Z06 radiator would be sufficient. It wasn't.

Nice Update. Good format.
What was the camera? Looks better than a phone (more stable and landscape format.)

Thanks for the full tour - makes me even more jelous of the space.
But, if I had it, it would be chocker as well.

Cheers - Jim

Nice Update. Good format.
What was the camera? Looks better than a phone (more stable and landscape format.)

Thanks for the full tour - makes me even more jelous of the space.
But, if I had it, it would be chocker as well.

Cheers - Jim
the camera is a Ricoh WG-80.... I'm not in love with it but it does have its moments.

I am so blessed with this shop, words can't describe it.

Really nice shop and so well organized. Considering how many projects you have going on, that's remarkable. I spend as much time looking for stuff than I do working on stuff (with one project).

Really nice shop and so well organized. Considering how many projects you have going on, that's remarkable. I spend as much time looking for stuff than I do working on stuff (with one project).
The FJ40. Last night I was wiring in a double battery set up. I had the last piece - a negative terminal top post to stud converter sitting right in front of me. Spent an hour, never found it. Will go buy another today.... the worst part of the shop, in the last shop I knew where everything was (mostly because I'd put it there)... this one I'm hoping this summer I can drag all the cars out then start organizing... probably won't, but it is in my thoughts.
middle of the picture.... no idea where it went
dtaaKPyh.jpg

solid state relay connected and operational
0yvxJQjh.jpg
and now the boring part
NUt4lfch.jpg

I have lots of questions about how to make the spark system - so that will be a phone call to Holley tomorrow.

working, again, on the core support
1nu36Xah.jpg
note on Paul's car, there's actually some room between the condenser and the headlight cannisters
GoRT4veh.jpg
I think I can gain about 3" total redoing the support (move it towards the nose and also down
v7KfeWfh.jpg

the key here is this, the air cleaner is going to be a copy of what the C5 Z06 looks like
working, again, on the core support
1nu36Xah.jpg
note on Paul's car, there's actually some room between the condenser and the headlight cannisters
GoRT4veh.jpg
I think I can gain about 3" total redoing the support (move it towards the nose and also down
v7KfeWfh.jpg

the key here is this, the air cleaner is going to be a copy of what the C5 Z06 looks like

Back to this, not much to report. I talked to Holley today so I could figure out how to program the ignition...
OVKEvqL.jpg
I could probably start it... but I need to verify several things like sensors and timing so it's going to wait a bit
JGwyOYlh.jpg

Come on Holley.. you could at least expand it to the entire page.... try reading this. With a magnifying glass... still isn't clear. thankfully it's online but this is bs
O2gvAUyh.jpg
what am I going on about... this
7ibuPOKh.jpg
more directly this.... I have no idea what this plug is (and don't say Delphi, it ain't)
NXQrVl8h.jpg
the correct order
tcGgO25h.jpg
green plug bad, green plug gone.... warranty voided
Kf85mQsh.jpg
and installed
ooAAgkkh.jpg
tomorrow will be the big day to test sensors... have one more to install (at least I think only one more)...