Power steering on Swap?

donnie_19

I need to use power steering pump and reservoir for my LS swap from a 99 Corvette to fit the holley bracket. Also using a Jeep Box from a 99 Cherokee. Will this pump have to much pressure for the jeep box?

The modern pump will work fine. If you need to reduce the pressure, you can change the shim stack on the bypass valve pretty easily.

Alignment Shims?

Since I have replaced every bushing and other parts on the front end steering will I need a kind of shim kit for alignment? I put the old shims on the upper arms.

Jeep Box

Finally getting back on the road. The steering sucks after this much work. I have replaced all the bushings, tie rods, jeep box with coupler. Had alignment a week ago but still slop in the center position.

No how do I get them? I had it aligned but didn't see any specs on the paper work? It drives straight when you let go of steering wheel but has slop when you start to correct for a couple inches of steering turn.

Replaced all the bushings, rod ends and ball joints on stock suspension. Upper and lower A arms are stock. It fells like the ball joint that attaches to the drag link but not sure how to check. When I converted to the jeep box the control valve was disassembled for the conversion. Its possible didn't get it put back together correctly causing the ball to be sloppy?
When I turn try and make a slight correction I get nothing for an inch or so then it car darts either left or right depending on which way I corrected. I don't remember the old steering set up being this touchy.

I ordered a new drag link connector from Borgeson. Hopefully when I take it apart I don't need it and fix the original but if not will have replacement ready. Can always send it back.

Fgured out what a big part of slop is. The shims fell out up the upper A arms. Headed back to alignment shop.

Those damn bolts on GM products are so famous for loosening up, you gotta torque the living shit outta them, and then I take RTV and smear a good size bunch over the tabs and onto the frame to hold the shims in place....saved many an alignment over the years.....

:cussing:

Jeep box adjustment

New manual drag link installed and everything in steering is tight. Still seems pretty touch at highway speeds. Tends to oversteer quickly. Any ideas, I have backed the adjuster screw an 1/8 turn a couple of times. Steering doesn't return to center on its own. Is this correct?