Rear wheel hop issues!!!

7t2vette

First, let me give some further info. I have a healthy 406 in my vette, making 500+ HP.

My curent rear suspension:

-100% poly bushings
-VBP trailing arms
-VBP adjustable struts
-Carrera 3 way adjustable shocks (set at 2)
-VBP 360# spring
-VBP 3/4" sway bar
-VBP rear diff locator discs
-Spicer 1350 u joints
-custom made 3" half shafts

Here is a pic:
chassisback.jpg

When my vette had a TH400 auto transmission, I never, ever, ever, had any rear wheel hop issues. No matter what, smoke the tires all day long, no wheel hop.

Converted my vette to a 5spd with a TKO600, and now I have bad rear wheel hop under heavy to WOT in first and second gear. No other changes to anything else.

What is the cause of this? Does an automatic with it's fluid coupling act as a sort of shock absorber? How do I eliminate this issue?!?!?

I have a similar issue with my 70. richmond 5 speed, very similar set up to yours, I believe it comes down to rear tire and shock absorber , the auto is also, working as a shock absorber as the manual trans is direct coupled. In my 70 with the muncie 4 speed , the first gear ratio was very tall, 2.20, with the richmond the second gear ratio is around 2.10, I think that the taller low gear allowed the speed to be there when you pull 2nd and you were at around 70 mph at 7000, with the richmond you pull at the same rpm but at a lower speed there you have a traction issus, 45 mph. If you can develop some wheel speed , Spin, there is no wheel hop, if it hooks then you develp wheel hop, this is not an isue in the higher gears 3, 4 or 5th. I have less torque than you, have a 355 in mine.
Go up on shock sdjustment , this might help. or until you figure things out short shift 1-2 ????????????

Is the rubber isolation bushing on the pinion mount in good shape and tight?