Sidepipe movement

Fuelie74

Does anyone else have trouble with there sidepipes moving on them? I have everything tight, but the keep wanting to tip up causing them to rub on the bottom of the doors. I also have new poly engine mounts so I would hope that this isn't because of to much engine movement. This is getting really annoying and I want to get it solved before I repaint the car.

Hookers ?

As far as I remember there's quiet a gap between the bottom of the doors and the pipes. Mine don't move and I have poly engine mounts as well.

Yeah they are Hookers. There is a large amount of room between the door and pipes except for the very back of the door where it dips down.

I had to adjust the brackets on the pipes so they'd clear the doors- everything all bolted up, leaving the pinch bolt at the front of the side tube loose, stuck a 2x4 in the pipe and stepped on it gently. Just enough to bend the brackets a little so they stay clear.

Does anyone else have trouble with there sidepipes moving on them? I have everything tight, but the keep wanting to tip up causing them to rub on the bottom of the doors. I also have new poly engine mounts so I would hope that this isn't because of to much engine movement. This is getting really annoying and I want to get it solved before I repaint the car.

Mine also move. Actually, I think mine were pushed rearward as the whole system heated up and expanded. The Hooker mounting system is pretty crude. The pipes should be able to move as they heat up, but everything is mounted fairly rigid. So mine are fixed rearward about 1/2" when cold, which you can see at the joint of the collecter and the side pipe, and when the headers heat up, they come together.
Maybe yours are being deflected as the heat up and expand?

Mine are always sliding back from the collectors and i had to bend the tabs down a bit to clear the door

Mine seem to be fine and not move at all, I remember having to make a better bolt hold for the mounts though.