Sponge - Belgium

Sponge

Hello,

My name is Dylan, I live in Belgium, Europe and in November 2010, I bought a 72 vette, convertible, 350ci, automatic transmission, etc...

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

The above pictures are the last one, and trust my guys, I had some bad surprises when I had a deeper look in it... If you want to see, just ask.

I did a lot of work:

- Complete rear suspension rebuilt
- Main wiring harness repaired
- New tires
- All brake calipers rebuilt with o-ring
- Engine oil, transmission oil change
- All switches changed

etc...

Welcome to the motley crew.....

Sorry to hear of your difficulties there, long as it was not all rusted out to nothing, it's typical of any 40 y/o car....my '72 was a white paint car with saddle/tan interior from the factory....

check my sites for some pix along the way....

looks good .... too bad you had so much unexpected work.... it's a lot of time and work that goes into these old cars but once you drive it you forget about all that :D
welcome to VetteMod :hi:

Very nice looking. Welcome to the board. Looks like you have a few fellow Corvette owners in your area, couple pretty bright ones at that.

Some surprises I found.

Mouse nest behind the glovebox

01.JPG

05.JPG

Wiring harness, aouccchhhh
I cut all damaged wire section then I soldered a new wire for years of reliability.

09.JPG

04.JPG

09.JPG

RIP good old headlight switch.

16.JPG

17.JPG

Where are its legs???

09.JPG

All parts sandblasted, all new parts, bushing, u-joints, etc...

18.JPG

04.JPG

01.JPG

Parking brake was missing, all new parts in stainless steel.

01.JPG

03.JPG

All 4 calipers rebuilt with o-ring kits. New brake pads, hoses, etc...

03.JPG

01.JPG

New HEI distributor with wires:

01.JPG

Oil change, filter, fan clutch, spark plugs, etc...

Then, on the 25th of April, first cruise, 60 miles after the complete rear end suspension rebuilt, brakes, etc...

Nice job

You lucked out with the wiring and especailly the headight switch, I have seen cars burn to the ground by a failed hl switch (mostly the rheostat that shorted out)

Nice job

You lucked out with the wiring and especailly the headight switch, I have seen cars burn to the ground by a ailed hl switch (mostly the rheostat that shorted out)

Hey Sponge, while your at it why don't do the headlight relay mod?
You'd be safe once for all.

oh yeah, before assembling the whole IRS, check the arch on the shoes. The stainless PB shoes are known to be arched wrong. I had a set, they were junk. I used normal repalcements back then but retained the other stainless hardware. Worked fine.

Hey Sponge, while your at it why don't do the headlight relay mod?
You'd be safe once for all.

Thanks for the advice but I never drive it during the night.

oh yeah, before assembling the whole IRS, check the arch on the shoes. The stainless PB shoes are known to be arched wrong. I had a set, they were junk. I used normal repalcements back then but retained the other stainless hardware. Worked fine.

Already on the car and already 1500 miles driven. I can't complain, it drives good.

This winter, we'll rebuild the front suspension.

Time has come to rebuild the front suspension. All front end has been taken off and sent for sandblasting. Waiting for the parts then let's go...

thum_21744f036ab493966.jpgthum_21744f036acc72dc3.jpg