Swap 1983 Seats into a 1970 Coupe

Carb Doc

Swap 1982 Seats into a 1970 Coupe

Last year I swapped a set of 1982 seats into my 1970 LT-1 Coupe, they are almost a complete bolt in, are a great fit, provide a substantial weight savings and are much more comfortable than the old 1970 seats.
The 82 Seat tracks fit right on your bolt holes, need to modify the Pass Seat tracks by putting the small stands on them . The only down side is that you sit a bit higher in the car and a bit closer to the wheel. If these pictures work you will see the hardware , the 70 and 82 seat tracks and what the assemblies look like.
To view photos go to the following link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44941031@N06/

Last edited:
Seats

Stand corrected, these seats 80-82 are all the same ,there is a minor difference in the shape of the cushions ,in my case I didn't care, just looking for something lighter that would fit in the car.

Stand corrected, these seats 80-82 are all the same ,there is a minor difference in the shape of the cushions ,in my case I didn't care, just looking for something lighter that would fit in the car.

I thought '78-82 were all the same, Pace Cars, anyway....a old friend had a '78 PC with those seats/close enough in there....she had it painted burgundy by her son in the body shop business....seats were white oyster....:drink:

There are 2 sizes bolsters, the 82s have the thicker ones.

HUMmm...didn't know that, thought the seats from PC '78 up were identical...

sure they weren't redone in the past...only been 30 years, after all....

:drink::gurney: