T-top

keywestjack

I am wondering if will be difficult to cut, remove, etc., the fiberglass skin out of a removeable T-top and relace it with a piece of polycarbonate. I got a set of poly t-tops but they are incredibly flimsy. Any thoughts? Thanks Jack

Cut a MOON ROOF in them? Heat and thermal form - but mounting, well that always seemed a bit of problem - but if you don't mind an occasional leak...

I thought they looked sharp with the fiberglass surround painted to match the rest of the car. But, maybe -- I'm twisted !

And now, Something ELSE on my list to do too!!!

Cheers - Jim

Cut a MOON ROOF in them? Heat and thermal form - but mounting, well that always seemed a bit of problem - but if you don't mind an occasional leak...

I thought they looked sharp with the fiberglass surround painted to match the rest of the car. But, maybe -- I'm twisted !

And now, Something ELSE on my list to do too!!!

Cheers - Jim

Thanks Jim, I got the polycarbonate tops and think it would be cool to gut a standard set of T-tops and add the polycarbonate. Kind of a mix master but... Looks like it is possible. Your right one more thing. Maybe I just should be happy with the flimsy ones I aquired.

There was a company that offered standard t-tops modified with glass inserts during the 1970s, before GM finally got their glass tops off the ground. They were even sold through Chevy dealers for a while. My parents gave me a pair for my birthday years ago. Besides looking cool and being lighter than the standard tops, they also give about 2" more headroom.

thum_12694f97d6a3028d0.jpg

Oh, so Sharp Lookin!
But, I recall my Wife's fiero "moon roof"and we had to double tint it for the sun. Just something to consider too, KEYWEST-jack! ;)

Last edited: