T-tops

4 SPEED

I am in the final stages of getting my 74 back together.
The T-Tops are breaking my b---s.
I put new weather stirping on and now the are very hard to put in place and lock in.
They are also hitting the top of my front column post.

Any advice would be a big help.
Thanks
4 Speed

readjust the stops on the latches. As far as putting them into the slots on the T-bar; that actually becomes easier pretty quickly. I ran into the same issue with mine.... good luck

Had the same result with my weatherstripping. It was very hard to compress and lock down. Left them on about a month....and they became easier to get on.

allot has to do with which repro brand of this weatherstrip you installed - as far as I know there are at least 3 different brands.
Where did you get them?

PS I DO NOT make these

My problem is that the T-top interior panel liners ...repro parts...don't fit. They are overly "arced." The little nylon knobbie fasteners are not strong enough to hold them in place. They snap free and sag or fall off. I've tried some strong velcro strips to hold them, but once again they break free. My last recourse is to go out on a warm day and heat the plastic substrait up with a hair dryer. and try to bend some of the arc out. The original T-Tops had a fiber board (paper mache) type liner. My repro T-top liners are red. I've changed the interior from black to red. GM red from the early 70's is no nonsense. It's RED. The red colors for the C6's interiors are burnt red, very subdued. I suppose GM is trying to mimic the teutonic similar reds of Por-she's and MB's.

.........My ultimate solution will be to use some new unused T-Tops that had the glass tops! Bought these things back in the late 70's. These T-Tops are not entirely glass topped. They have the normal T-Top fiberglass surrounds wiht a glass panel in the center. They do increase head room.