Thoughts about adding AN Fuel Tank Fittings to Bottom of Tank

496BBC

I'm adding two fuel tank fittings to the bottom of my tank to help out the pump and was going to add a baffle to the interior of the tank.

Going to bend up a thin piece of metal and sandwich it between the fitting nut and the tank to hold it in place.

Should I add some fuel tank foam within the baffle to help keep fuel at the suction fitting?

Neal :idea:

Back in '95 with adding injection to my '72, I noted that every time I turned a corner on less than 1/4 of a tank, there was a decent chance the engine would stumble or die.....so I tolerated a 12 gallon tank for a long time....

the pump is mounted to the rear frame rail with a piece of rubber hose wrapped around it, and a hose clamp around the pump and rubber and frame....plumbing run simple and direct.....

some time ago I noted a steel 20 buck Harbor Freight portable air tank....5 gallon....since I don't carry a spare tire, I mounted it off the spare tire bolts in front and two steel pieces to the tank, welded on bottom and did the obvious attachment to the tank handle and the stock fuel tank forward support....

ran the plumbing, picked up 5 gallons of fuel, and cured the slosh problem forever.....I WIN!!!!

:bump::bounce: