ThunderBird hits Acura TL

BRUTAL64

Neanderthal
Yep, some asshole pulls in front of me in a parking and I hit him at 20 mph. He all real sorry and all saying it was his fault over and over again. His left front fender is crushed. The T-bird looks like it bumped into something. Very minor damage to front of Bird. Bezels not even bent bad. Just moved my fender back a 1/4 inch and moved the bumper over 1/2 inch.
The body shop said the the whole front clip is moved over 3/8 of an inch.

His Accura looks like it was hit by a train. This sucks. The body on the T-bird was almost perfect till now.

I just have minimum liability coverage. I hate this shit. The guy has Farmers Ins and I have State Farm

That was three weeks ago. Farmers told me to to get one quote for damages. Went to a Farmers Ins repair shop, got a quote for $1941.00 damage. Farmers told me if the damage was under $2,000 they would just send me a check. Sent in quote.

Well, yesterday they told me they needed to inspect the T-BIRD. So, I figure here we go with the crap. This is what happen at 3:10 pm;

Well the asshole showed up. The first question he asked me was what I though the T-bird was worth. I told him I was offered $6,000 (which I was). But, I wouldn't sell it because it's been in my family since it was new. He just started to take pictures of the car-the whole car. I told him that there was no damage in the rear as he took pictures around the car.

I told him this was an on going project. The vehicle sat for 14 years.

He asked me to let him take pictures of the mileage odometer, I open the door and he starts taking pictures of the interior. He didn't even take a picture of the odometer.
He was not even interested in the damage to the front.

Even a dumb shit like me can figure out what he was doing. They want pictures to try and total it or find a way for reduce the amount they will have to pay.
I blew it and asked him what he thought he was doing? He just looked at me. Why pictures of the whole vehicle? Why not pictures of the damage? Still no answer.
I told the sneaky SOB don't even attempt to total my car for 2,000. You tell those Mother Fuckers at the office don't even think about trying to total it. I won't be Fucked with. Yea, just like that but totally in his sneaky little- I'm your friend- face.
I think he was afraid for his life. He kept backing up and finally said in a little tiny voice I'm going to turn around and walk away now.

I told them from the beginning that my Mother me gave that vehicle before she died and asked me to fix it up.
I'm keeping that promise.

Now, I have to figure out what to do next. I'm ready to kill something. I'm not kidding here. I hate being Fucked with.

This is so Fucked up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the people at work said it looked like I was going to kill that sneaky shit.

So I need a plan to take on the Fuckers. I told them at Farmers not to Fuck with me (yes just like that) before they sent that sneaky SOB over.

Last edited:
Big Bird 429 is easy 5-6 grand in decent shape these days.....screw the gas....

U right, no question....stick to your guns.....

:thumbs:

I feel for ya man...dig in....hold on tight and get ready for a screwing....cause thats what they are going to do....try to fuck you over...good luck...

I hope that this link works and that you find the information useful. We can also look up a Kelly Blue Book value on the car.....

Autos Classic Cars Motorcycles Boats Recreation Vehicles Manufactured Homes Buy a Price Guide
Free Insurance Quote | Free Online Credit Report & Score | Buy a Vehicle | Sell a Vehicle | Get Pricing
Click here to find out more!
Body Style > Make > Year > Model & Trim > Options > Used Values

1970 Ford Thunderbird 2 Door Hardtop
Find Your Classic
ZIP
Go
Free Insurance Quote
Free Insurance Quote

Know your Credit History
Free Online Credit Report & Score

Trusted Partners
Donate Your Vehicle
Car Care Center
Classic Car Resources
Collector Insurance Guide
Classic Car Buying Tips
Car Care Center

June 26, 2009
print this page

email a friend
PRICING

Original MSRP: $4,961
Low Retail Average Retail Value High Retail
Base Price $3,975 $7,175 $9,700
Options
429/370 HP V8 Engine 60% 60% 60%
Air Conditioning $850 $1,500 $2,200
TOTAL PRICE $7,210 $12,980 $17,720

NEXT STEPS

Insure Your Investment
Donate Your Vehicle

Looking to Buy a Classic?
Looking to Sell Your Classic?
New Car Prices, Reviews & Info

Low Retail Value
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is".

Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered "Daily Drivers" and are not valued as a classic vehicle. When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value.

Note: This value does not represent a "parts car".
Average Retail Value
This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A "20-footer".
High Retail Value
This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Note: This value does not represent a "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle *.

* "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle is not driven. It would generally be in a museum or transported in an enclosed trailer to concourse judging and car shows. This type of car would be stored in a climate-regulated facility.
e-mail a FriendClose X

Friend's e-mail: (eg. [email protected])
Your e-mail: (eg. [email protected])
Your Name:

Subject:
Comments:
I would like a copy of this message emailed to me.

NADA Guides Privacy Policy
Email addresses are used for this request only and are not saved or used by NADAguides.com for any other purposes
Privacy Policy

Buy a Guide!

Business Users | About Us | Contact Us | Help/FAQ | Buy NADA Guides | Blog
Copyright | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Survey | Press Room
©Copyright 2009 NADAguides.com. All Rights Reserved

The easiest way to get the insurance company to shut up is to agree with them and then say - "OK now you guys go and find me another car just like this one in the same condition as this one for the money you just offered me and I will accept your terms".

I hope that this link works and that you find the information useful. We can also look up a Kelly Blue Book value on the car.....

Autos Classic Cars Motorcycles Boats Recreation Vehicles Manufactured Homes Buy a Price Guide
Free Insurance Quote | Free Online Credit Report & Score | Buy a Vehicle | Sell a Vehicle | Get Pricing
Body Style > Make > Year > Model & Trim > Options > Used Values

1970 Ford Thunderbird 2 Door Hardtop
Find Your Classic
ZIP
Go
Free Insurance Quote
Free Insurance Quote

Know your Credit History

Trusted Partners
Donate Your Vehicle
Car Care Center
Classic Car Resources
Collector Insurance Guide
Classic Car Buying Tips
Car Care Center

June 26, 2009
print this page

email a friend
PRICING

Original MSRP: $4,961
Low Retail Average Retail Value High Retail
Base Price $3,975 $7,175 $9,700
Options
429/370 HP V8 Engine 60% 60% 60%
Air Conditioning $850 $1,500 $2,200
TOTAL PRICE $7,210 $12,980 $17,720

NEXT STEPS

Insure Your Investment
Donate Your Vehicle

Looking to Buy a Classic?
Looking to Sell Your Classic?
New Car Prices, Reviews & Info

Low Retail Value
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is".

Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered "Daily Drivers" and are not valued as a classic vehicle. When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value.

Note: This value does not represent a "parts car".
Average Retail Value
This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A "20-footer".
High Retail Value
This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Note: This value does not represent a "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle *.

* "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle is not driven. It would generally be in a museum or transported in an enclosed trailer to concourse judging and car shows. This type of car would be stored in a climate-regulated facility.
e-mail a FriendClose X

Friend's e-mail: (eg. [email protected])
Your e-mail: (eg. [email protected])
Your Name:

Subject:
Comments:
I would like a copy of this message emailed to me.

NADA Guides Privacy Policy
Email addresses are used for this request only and are not saved or used by NADAguides.com for any other purposes
Privacy Policy

Buy a Guide!

Business Users | About Us | Contact Us | Help/FAQ | Buy NADA Guides | Blog
Copyright | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Survey | Press Room
©Copyright 2009 NADAguides.com. All Rights Reserved

The easiest way to get the insurance company to shut up is to agree with them and then say - "OK now you guys go and find me another car just like this one in the same condition as this one for the money you just offered me and I will accept your terms".

Thank you. This will be helpful.:thumbs: