Upper control arm bushings disintegrating

Well, I have a hard time understanding why you can fuck up something simple like this type of suspension bushing. Even for a low price ...

I've said it before : these low quality issues we are seeing are going to kill our hobby in the end.

Which is why I have done so many mods to my car over the years/decades almost....I have found that with major help from my welder/fabricator buddy and some judicious parts hunting, and sticking to basically stock parts from sources and junkyards.....the car and I am much happier.......

I have had this '72 for some 19 years now....just about the time I hopped on the internet, which has been a fabulous source for information, but the primary source of parts has always been local.....and I know that drives you krazy being on the East coast of the Pond......

:surrender::eek:

I just feel luck I have done what I did when I did, not so sure I could pull it off today.....

:cool:

It's not that alone Gene, but we also have to pass tech inspection and if they spot something that doesn't quite look original you're in for a problem. Recently the rules have changed even for old timers and for example they could make a problem out of using poly's if the spot them. Luckily most of them don't know these cars well.

THAT shit to that extent would get someone a uppercut to the jaw and a roundhouse to the jaw......fuck the nazis......hate to turn this political, but I am an extreme right wing in this country....on other forums you find me wanting to take our USA .gov down to maybe 20% of present size......except our .mil .....enough with this enviro crap already....

I suspect it's even worse on your side of the pond, but here it's totally nutz when the shut down productive farm land SO critical we import food from Mexico due to some smelly delta farter fish......

I dunno you know much of this crap on your side, but here it's a done deal, they killed off a very significant portion of the California farms community....I have NO respect for the EPA at all.....

:(:friends:

You apparently want this back: http://www.businessinsider.com/manhattan-smog-photos-1966-2013-1

Well, I have a hard time understanding why you can fuck up something simple like this type of suspension bushing. Even for a low price ...

I've said it before : these low quality issues we are seeing are going to kill our hobby in the end.

Which is why I have done so many mods to my car over the years/decades almost....I have found that with major help from my welder/fabricator buddy and some judicious parts hunting, and sticking to basically stock parts from sources and junkyards.....the car and I am much happier.......

I have had this '72 for some 19 years now....just about the time I hopped on the internet, which has been a fabulous source for information, but the primary source of parts has always been local.....and I know that drives you krazy being on the East coast of the Pond......

I just feel luck I have done what I did when I did, not so sure I could pull it off today.....

It's not that alone Gene, but we also have to pass tech inspection and if they spot something that doesn't quite look original you're in for a problem. Recently the rules have changed even for old timers and for example they could make a problem out of using poly's if the spot them. Luckily most of them don't know these cars well.

I'd be very surprised if any of them were so ridiculously detail oriented that they would notice the difference between black rubber and black poly. I know some of those tech inspections can be very detailed, but that would be ridiculous. They're hardly even visible when the washers are installed.

THAT shit to that extent would get someone a uppercut to the jaw and a roundhouse to the jaw......fuck the nazis......hate to turn this political, but I am an extreme right wing in this country....on other forums you find me wanting to take our USA .gov down to maybe 20% of present size......except our .mil .....enough with this enviro crap already....

I suspect it's even worse on your side of the pond, but here it's totally nutz when the shut down productive farm land SO critical we import food from Mexico due to some smelly delta farter fish......

I dunno you know much of this crap on your side, but here it's a done deal, they killed off a very significant portion of the California farms community....I have NO respect for the EPA at all.....

You apparently want this back: http://www.businessinsider.com/manhattan-smog-photos-1966-2013-1

NO, but China and the older American cities seemed to survive just fine....oh wait@@@!!!! OUR cities are not so ok....look for pix of Detroit vs Japan and China today.....that enviro crap is WAY over done.......and I don't trust the veracity of that pix anyway......much less the stories out of Los Angles...:(

NO, but China and the older American cities seemed to survive just fine....oh wait@@@!!!! OUR cities are not so ok....look for pix of Detroit vs Japan and China today.....that enviro crap is WAY over done.......and I don't trust the veracity of that pix anyway......much less the stories out of Los Angles...:(

Look up a thousand other pictures of NY in the 60s and 70s.

And China today looks like that...and they have a helluva lot more government intrusion than we do. No thanks.

I'd be very surprised if any of them were so ridiculously detail oriented that they would notice the difference between black rubber and black poly. I know some of those tech inspections can be very detailed, but that would be ridiculous. They're hardly even visible when the washers are installed.

With the thickness of the bushing under the washer...but yes luckily most are not detail oriented enough.