Wax ?

Arthur Brown

I'm using Mothers "Cleaner Wax" and while I am satisfied with it I am wondering if there are better products available. What do you use and how do you like it? How about Meguiars NXT wax ? Is it worth $16 or should I better stick with Mothers ?

I use a paint sealer like liquid glass or rejex as a base coat after washing with dish soap. Then every once in awhile I'll wax it with carnuba wax, and I always wipe with spray wax after washing.

The wax is only as strong as its base, thats why I use the paintsealer first. I do it probably every 6 months on my DD.

I like the NXT wax from Meguiars.... easy to dust off, no white residue....

usually I wash and polish the car before applying wax. I use the spray wax when I wash but don't polish.

I washed the car with dish soap and then polished it with TurtleWax polish, then waxed it. I bought a bottle of the NXT wax, it does not leave white stains on rubber or plastic.

I use Zaino on everything but my daily driver/beater. It is a little pricey for the kit however once you get about 5 coats on it looks like glass and you can basically rinse the dirt off. I have tried a LOT of different wax and polish and I always go back to the Zaino.