Well...here's the LT1

Jclgodale3

Here's a few pictures of the almost completed late model LT1 going in the 68 Vert I was asking questions about. The wiring harness will be a different story:suicide: It almost complete and I converted the old vette PS pump to serpentine setup. As you can see, all accessories have been moved to the left side vs their original side on the right. I had to make my own bracket and idler pulley to get the serp belt under the water pump but I think it will work. Will see soon enough I guess...

lt1685.jpg

lt168.jpg

lt1683.jpg

lt1684.jpg

That last picture is somewhat of an optical illusion......looks like the belt is riding the power steering resevoir just on the side of the idler pulley.

It looks like it's pretty darn close. I would pick up a GM type II pump and get a remote reservoir and do it like that.

looks like a 92 Lt1 if im not mistaken by the aluminum valve covers and an Impala SS water pump too

Last edited:
Its an illusion if you look at the 2nd pic you can see the can is behind the pulley.

Its just the angle of the pic.A pic from the side would show it has plenty of room.

Looks like it's coming together!

What are you going to use for water hoses?

Are you sure the alternator will clear the hood and the belt clear the upper A-arm?

It looks close but it seems to be the angle of the camera.... the power steering reservoir sits further back than the pulley so it should clear.... but good luck with the hood :2nd:

I see a raised L88 scoop in your future :cool::cool:

That last picture is somewhat of an optical illusion......looks like the belt is riding the power steering resevoir just on the side of the idler pulley.

All...definatley an illusion. The belt is at least 3/4" in front of the resevoir. The idler pulley looks close to the water pump too but it clears by about 1/2". Not sure about the belt clearing the upper a arm yet but the alternator itself should clear the hood. It is a stock corvette alternator bracket that mounts to the head. It is a 1994 LT1 with painted steel basic valve covers. Not sure on the heater hoses yet. Not concerned about running a heater so may just bypass (tie them together) like on the old ones. I'll keep ya"ll updated.

Here's some better pictures to show the ample clearance of the belt and the PS pump resevoir:D

lt168pspump3.jpg

lt168pspump2.jpg

lt168pspump.jpg