What drug did they use when . . . .

cajos1968

They designed the bumpers on my '72. I was working on my front bumper what a lousy fit, the amount off brackets, degrees of freedom (except for the way I wanted) and remind me what should it protect?

Back in the days those guys most have been on something. Someone out there with some useful tips, the gap on the right is one finger on the left a halve, but the pass-through hole in the body doesn't have more room to compensate.

My '72 was a old show car, and as such the front bumper fit perfectly....

but sure enough that was a casualty to a pickup tow ball as he backed into me standing still.....first replacement fit fairly well, but finish is sad.....

then we get into the Ecklers replacement I got some time ago, POS I figger on CHINA import crap....don't fit for shit,.....but the chrome shines....

:cussing::cussing::cussing:

Haha, this is the original bumper!! It was previously "fixed" with custom brackets (73+ frame bracket, with some crude bracket). Is it a custom to "re-drill" the pass-through holes in the body?

Haha, this is the original bumper!! It was previously "fixed" with custom brackets (73+ frame bracket, with some crude bracket). Is it a custom to "re-drill" the pass-through holes in the body?

My guess would be that the car has been hit at sometime (really common for vettes to be hit on the nose) tweaking all the brackets and who knows what else. The comment about custom brackets also makes me think it was likely hit. I'd start by seeing what's bent behind the brackets and see if the fiberglass is correct too. There's a reason it's not lining up, I doubt is was that way originally.....

I think it might have been the same guy who designed the latches.

Let hope the hood latch design wasn't his best work.