Wiper switch gremlin?

enkeivette

So I spliced into the 12V switched (gray wire) on the firewall connector for my wiper motor a few years ago to run my electrical fan relay. And after that my wipers would turn on randomly.

Now I took from that source again to run my intercooler electrical fan relay. And now the wipers switch on randomly even more. Is this a coincidence, or should I find another 12V switched source?

normally speaking, that situation means that the contacts in your wiper motor are either slightly corroded or broken

Why not get the ign. 12V directly from the spare terminal on the fuse box?

The fuse box under the dash? Is it bottom, top, left, or right? And because I havent taken several c3s apart like you have and I didnt know where else to take it from! Haha

So how do I fix my problem? Need a new wiper motor?!?

So I spliced into the 12V switched (gray wire) on the firewall connector for my wiper motor a few years ago to run my electrical fan relay. And after that my wipers would turn on randomly.

Now I took from that source again to run my intercooler electrical fan relay. And now the wipers switch on randomly even more. Is this a coincidence, or should I find another 12V switched source?

The YELLOW wire is the main feed to the wiper motor, the other two go to the switch, they get grounded for making high and lo speed operation....so if you use one of them for a 12 v source, you are ground it or close enough you get buzzy operation....

:shocking:

before doing anything else, check out the pass side storage area and see if the wiper control module hasn't fallen out of the bracket. It's only held in w/ fiberglass reinforced tape. If it falls out and shorts against something it does all kinds of funky things to the wipers

before doing anything else, check out the pass side storage area and see if the wiper control module hasn't fallen out of the bracket. It's only held in w/ fiberglass reinforced tape. If it falls out and shorts against something it does all kinds of funky things to the wipers

OH, if he has a later shark with int wipers, my note maybe not apply, I can't remember if the power wire is yellow on them or not....:hissyfit:

My suspicion was right, the wipers started going off again, so I cut the leads going to my fans and they stopped. Found a different 12v rem and all is well. How strange... that makes no sense to me.